When / why did you become a City fan?

my first game was bolton away in 3rd round of league cup away, went with my mate [city fan] his dad who was a bolton fan and his brother who was a utd fan lost 3-0 1971

Cub Scout parent arranged a trip for about eight of us, I would be 10
April 1968, City v Everton on a Wednesday night

I'll never forget the floodlights, the noise and the boys in blue.
Everton had a good side in those days, Harvey, Kendall and Ball in midfield, but we were on a role to the League champions, beat them 3-0 and that was me.

Thanks Steve Smith's dad- I have a lot to thank you for

Nearly sixty years , so i have seen plenty of ups and downs , annoys me when JCL 's of other entitled clubs talk of our lack of history, we have a rich history of achievments , we won a european trophy , FA Cup , league title , premier league title and league cup before the Dippers ever did , but hardly any of their plastic fanbase realise this.

Our recent success has been fantastic and long overdue , but i wouldnt swap our struggles for anything because it makes you appreciate success so much more. The Dippers and Rags do not understand this , they havent seen any hard times in comparsion , our core support is worth ten times any of the red 'istree clubs lightweight fans.

Nearly sixty years , so i have seen plenty of ups and downs , annoys me when JCL 's of other entitled clubs talk of our lack of history, we have a rich history of achievments , we won a european trophy , FA Cup , league title , premier league title and league cup before the Dippers ever did , but hardly any of their plastic fanbase realise this.

Our recent success has been fantastic and long overdue , but i wouldnt swap our struggles for anything because it makes you appreciate success so much more. The Dippers and Rags do not understand this , they havent seen any hard times in comparsion , our core support is worth ten times any of the red 'istree clubs lightweight fans.
Totally agree, whilst it was a fucking nightmare going to school in the 90s when we were shit, and united were winning the fucking lot, I wouldn't change a single thing that we went through. Some of my best mates are reds, and most of them have suddenly gone off football since we've over taken them on the pitch! They think a shit season is finishing 6th!! Fans of clubs like utd, Liverpool and arsenal wouldn't cope if they did a city and went down 2 divisions.....they'd fuck off in their droves.

Totally agree, whilst it was a fucking nightmare going to school in the 90s when we were shit, and united were winning the fucking lot, I wouldn't change a single thing that we went through. Some of my best mates are reds, and most of them have suddenly gone off football since we've over taken them on the pitch! They think a shit season is finishing 6th!! Fans of clubs like utd, Liverpool and arsenal wouldn't cope if they did a city and went down 2 divisions.....they'd fuck off in their droves.
Nailed it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.