When / why did you become a City fan?

Class and this birthright you mentioned; your offspring (if blessed), are bonafide blues (: you’ve created that lineage and stand proudly next to blues who relate, we didn’t choose it, we were content to be perennial underdogs when even though the majority of us were born into it; there was an easy option to not hand over your soul to a club that was literally just existing; this is the tribal embodiment for 99% of football fans, it becomes your faith/religion, and we blindly follow, however, miracles clearly exist (:

You’re as much a blue as any one of us, as for me, backing a 3 legged horse is done so in the belief that the others may beat you 9/10, but that one win, when it comes, is about as great a feeling you can experience.. what separates us from the establishment is we have never forgotten where we came from, it’s been flipped on its head and they fucking hate it, it’s as satisfying as it gets!
Thanks Zin! You'd be amazed, actually you probably wouldn't, at the amount of nonsense the United and Liverpool fans continue to talk here too. A matchday with my son and one of my daughters would tell the story of what you're saying, diehard Cityzens! Ironically, my son despises Chelsea as much as United and Liverpool due to the fact that the majority of his peers are Chelsea supporters who never shut up. They lost their Prem bragging rights so now they hang their hats on the CL but something tells me that'll be gone too in the not too distant future and God willing we'll all be here to celebrate that as well!

we have never forgotten where we came from, it’s been flipped on its head and they fucking hate it, it’s as satisfying as it gets!

This all day long. Fans of the odd lot, arsenal, dippers have never had the full experience we have
What’s even sweeter is that they pretend they hate the dippers more than us, but they don’t, they just pretend it as a put down, so it really fucking hurts them to see us THIS good. I really hate the CUNTS

I’m an American so I didn’t have access to football when I was growing up but when we finally got to watch football weekly for me was around 2006. I didn’t want to be a fan of the glory teams sonó Chelsea, Liverpool, arsenal and United. I actually really disliked United as they were everyone’s first team over here. So I went with the directional rivalry in City. I chose City on a whim and it has been great ever since. Now I am hooked and even though I played basketball in college here in the states, football has overtaken all other sports now. I’m City til I die!!!!!

Just incase someone wants to become a blue after the derby.. welcome!

City win, United lose,
Never felt more like singing the blues!!

Runs in the family, my Dad and his brothers (all RIP), my brothers, my first game 30/08/1975 v Newcastle. Won 4-0. IIRC Tueart and Royle x2 goals each, chucking it down all day.

Never ever thought we'd have a year like this.. so I thought I'd bump this

Lots of agony and heartbreak over the years, but we finally did it this year.

And we may have all have different opinions but we all love city.

Congrats to all City fans young and old!

1703967994125.png

1703968086870.png

1703968181823.png

1703967735897.png

1703967859668.png

In 1964 as a third generation City fan, now up to 5 Love a bandwagon

Swindon Town vs Manchester City​

F.A. Cup
Sat 04 January 1964.

Score: L 1-2
Attendance: 18065

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.