When / why did you become a City fan?

Would have been around 50 years ago when I was eight or nine years old. I recall other kids at my school in Southampton supported the Rags, so me being me, I chose the other lot.

Never looked back.

Born into it in 1963 as my Dad and uncle were fans. But Dad reckoned it wasn’t the place for kids in the late 60s/early 70. Finally took me to a mid week, boring 0-0 draw in my mid teens, and assumed that would shut me up and I’d never go again. In fact, I loved it and have gone ever since.

1969 12 years old been in Hospital for two weeks in Wigan and only one watching FA cup final , been a diehard City fan ever since..Luckiest fan as I am a massive Leigh rugby league fan so watch sport 12 months of the year , no boring summer weekends as it’s rugby league time.

I’m basically a mutt but me grandad grew up in North Manchester. Can’t remember exactly the moment I became emotionally invested but we had Ireland, Joey Barton, Distin, Dicky Dunne.. maybe Hamann. Not terribly long before the oil spill. Good timing that eh?

Right now; I feel like I became a City fan to get away from boring international football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.