When will City pass Utd's revenue?

If we're purely talking finances, it's not revenue which is important but what's known as 'free cash'. If someone earns £40k net and spends £35k of that on essentials, are they better off than someone who earns £30k and spends £20k on essentials? The latter has £10k to spend on luxuries or to save whereas the latter only has £5k.

As a football club, you need to be able to finance new signings once you've paid all your wages, other operating costs, finance costs and tax. You may do that via instalments on those fees but you've still got to find that money. What nearly killed us just 10 years ago was our inability to find the £15m we needed to pay the second instalment on Sven's transfers, despite the fact we had the sixth or seventh highest revenue in the PL at the time.

If we're purely talking finances, it's not revenue which is important but what's known as 'free cash'. If someone earns £40k net and spends £35k of that on essentials, are they better off than someone who earns £30k and spends £20k on essentials? The latter has £10k to spend on luxuries or to save whereas the latter only has £5k.

As a football club, you need to be able to finance new signings once you've paid all your wages, other operating costs, finance costs and tax. You may do that via instalments on those fees but you've still got to find that money. What nearly killed us just 10 years ago was our inability to find the £15m we needed to pay the second instalment on Sven's transfers, despite the fact we had the sixth or seventh highest revenue in the PL at the time.
Cash is king, profit is sanity, revenue is vanity.

Or something.

Are we currently better than them on the pitch?

That will do for me.
Utd wont always have Mourinho, Van Gaal, Moyes etc. In the end our performance relative to them will come back to financial strength.

Generally speaking those clubs able to spend the most, win the most.

The club needs to find as many ways as possible to generate cash. 1 way maybe to reduce the price of the food and soft drinks in the bars. I for one don't buy anything from these bars as the prices are daylight robbery. Having to pay over £3 for a pie when I can go to Iceland and buy a pack of 4 for even less.

I know that there are a lot of supporters around me who feel they same way, that if the club reduce their prices they would be more likely to buy from the bars. Take the bottles of coke cola. I can go to the pound shops and buy 4 for the price the club are charging. I am quite sure that if they went to Coke Cola etc. and said they want 500,000 assorted bottles of soft drinks they would get it for a around 40p a bottle. if this proves to be the case then even if they sell it for about £1.25 a bottle that would give them a quite big profit per bottle. At that price I would be prepared to spend my money and by a bottle near enough every match.

All this talk of which is the bigger club will never be resolved by argument. We are governed by our prejudices , garnered by years of supporting our club. I was having a chat with some of their supporters and the usual "City Bingo" quotes were being bandied about. So I just said "here you go lads..Novo Ordus Seclorum . Come back when you have worked it out and you will realise that you are no longer relevant

When we build the MU Sports Science Campus, the Etihad Campus, and the money making Entertaiment centre on the Collar Site.

All of it can come under the Manchester City Football Club umbrella.

And there's nothing UEFA, the PL, Gill and Manchester United can do about it.

FFP allows owner investment outside the team.

There is a generation of children now for whom City is a genuine choice of who to suppport. That hasn't been the case for 40 odd years and it will gradually swing the pendulum in our favour. Personally, that's not something that appeals to me, I quite like being more 'local', but it is necessary for our growth to continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.