Where did this season go so wrong?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Claytop said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It went wrong the moment Aguero scored that wonderful goal.

You see, that's when you find out if you have bought the right kinda stuff.

Some players are happy to settle for their lot, and others, they want to keep winning and forget about the past.

Too many of our players, even our fans (understandably), dined out on being champions for too long.

It should have been put to bed in pre-season training, whilst United were already plotting and working towards a response.

Nasri, Yaya and Barry are the 3 main ones who i reckon think theres jobs are done.

Could also add Dzeko and arguably Silva to that list.

Not so sure about Yaya, but would add Lescott to that list.

Mario, obviously.

If Yaya does think that way, then we should sell him this summer with two years left on his deal. Could use him as leverage for Ronaldo or a Barca boy such as Fabregas.

I struggle to think of a game this season where we have seen previous seasons Yaya, i know he always has that laid back look on the pitch but this season has been more than that.

If we could get Ronaldo or Fabregas as part of a deal then i wouldn't be averse to selling him.

manimanc said:
We're second in the league and still in the cup...
Fuck me,what a shite season!!!
That'd be all well and good if we were on United's coat-tails and doing everything remotely possible to keep up with them. It would be all well and good if all that was between us was RVP and there was simply nothing we could do about it. That's not the case though, is it? We're playing absolutely fucking terrible, losing to teams any club with ambitions of retaining their title wouldn't lose too, and putting in performances and club with ambitions of retaining their title wouldn't put in. You're guilty in that post of what many of the players appear to be guilty of - not being arsed.

We have hit a bad patch of form in the last 2 weeks, dropping points three games in a row that is all.

u2fme2 said:
not buying any quality players before the season even started

The squad we currently have should easily be good enough to still be in the title race, yes we should have pushed on and got a Van Persie or Hazard but we shouldn't be failing to notch a win in 3 games, 2 against teams in the bottom 3.

Pigeonho said:
manimanc said:

It would be all well and good if all that was between us was RVP and there was simply nothing we could do about it. .

What are you on about?

Pace, agression, desire, imagination, cunning, guile, ruthlessness - we're lacking all these at the moment. Hell, even fitness. A lot of our players look unfit. Like they are walking onto the pitch after a full helping of sunday roast and half a bottle of port.

1995: When the players were shite* but the committment was 100%.
2013: Where the players are world class, but look like they can't be arsed.

*with a few notable exceptions.

Claytop said:
u2fme2 said:
not buying any quality players before the season even started

The squad we currently have should easily be good enough to still be in the title race, yes we should have pushed on and got a Van Persie or Hazard but we shouldn't be failing to notch a win in 3 games, 2 against teams in the bottom 3.
I would like to differ, and the league says otherwise too

Pam said:
Pigeonho said:
manimanc said:

It would be all well and good if all that was between us was RVP and there was simply nothing we could do about it. .

What are you on about?
If the difference between us and United was that RVP has come and put them in the position they're currently in, but we were winning our games and doing everything else in our power to stay in contention, then being 2nd would be no problem as there would be nothing we could do about it. We're not doing our part then in other words. We're playing shite, losing to teams we shouldn't be losing too, dropping points at home and not doing what we should be doing to stay in contention.

Pam said:
Pigeonho said:
manimanc said:

What are you on about?

Everyone says the only reason this season is panning out as it is, is because United got Van Persie, we didn't.

There is more to it than that though.

If the only problem was that they got RVP and that was the only difference then fine.

There is a lot more to it than that though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.