Where did this season go so wrong?

kiam06 said:
Ducado said:
But if we finish 2nd has it gone wrong? What if we win the FA cup? Get a grip we won't win it every year I don't think some of us understand this
For once (and I emphasise the word once because he usually always talks out of his ring) I agree with Ducado.
Coming from the number one City fan in the whole world I take as an honour

Second place , though disappointing after the title win , would be a commendable finish .... we'd have been happy to make the top four a couple of seasons back !

We didn't seem to prepare for this season too well , and Mancini didn't really appear to have any idea on who the club was or wasn't gonna sign for a long time , and you got the feeling that we 'snatched' at signings in the end .... and most have flopped.

Starting off the season trying to play a 3 man defence when the season before our defence was rock solid. Mancini not readjusting till late cost us early in my opinion. Then not being settled witha back 4 with injuries and whats what. As soon as we went out of the champions league we should of used our best 11 at all times and stuck with it baring injuries and lack of form. Sadly this hasnt been the case.

The handling of players at times has also been questionable for me. I am guessing there is a bit of a few question marks in the heads of a few players about Mancini. Lescott must be thinking what he has done so wrong. Same to a lesser extent Milner who in my opinion should be given a chance to play in the midfield with Yaya in place of Barry want to see what he is able to do in there now rather than later.

Also just think that there is a lot players who are living off last season and this season they have been poor in my opinion. Yaya seems a shadow of himself at times this season. Yes theres the odd flash of the Yaya of last season but not as much as before.

I wouldn't go as far as to say this season has gone SO wrong, but it's been a strange season so far.
We have to figure in the fact that, as Champions, a lot of teams are really busting a gut to beat us, or putting everything behind the ball to stop us! We have found that really hard to deal with so far. Add to that the pressure on the team to repeat last season.
But the main problem this year has been putting the ball in the onion bag - plain and simple!
We are creating chances but not putting them away! Yet that shower of shite across town are taking their chances. Against us they had 4 shots on target - and scored them all... luckily one was disallowed, but that's the difference. Van Pussy was bought to do a job... and he's been successfiul. He may have been overpriced and demanded stupid wages but if they win it this year he's paid for himself many times over. If he had have signed for us this season I truly believe we'd be as clear as they are now, and they'd be struggling for top 4!

black mamba said:
Gabriel said:
Eight minutes into the opening fixture and Aguero went off. It many sound melodramatic, but it was the first in a long line of debilitating injuries that have hampered us throughout the season. Compared with last season- save for suspensions and self-imposed exile- when we escaped unscathed, this term we have consistently had 3-4 players unavailable on a weekly basis.

Yes , that hadn't escaped my notice ...

things haven't really run for us this season ..... okay Kompany got off with the red card , but the injuries he's suffered this season has meant he's been unavailable for key games.

And it hasn't just been him , we've often had key players missing for one reason or another .... more than we did last season.

Thing is, we can expect a few more bumps along the way before season's end. Playing catch up has meant we've had to field players more frequently than would be preferable, and I fear some might run out of steam soon. Zabaleta, Clichy, Barry and Silva have been shouldering more than their fair share and probably need rotating from here on in.

manimanc said:
rickmcfc said:
Last summers transfer window. We are a weaker squad than last season. End of discussion.
this^^^^^^all day long....

Last season the difference between city and united was about 2 minutes, several key injuries for them and they didnt have RVP. This season they have bought a world class striker, had no key injuries bar one, city didn't buy well in the transfer window which has meant we have fallen short this season.

Ducado said:
kiam06 said:
Ducado said:
But if we finish 2nd has it gone wrong? What if we win the FA cup? Get a grip we won't win it every year I don't think some of us understand this
For once (and I emphasise the word once because he usually always talks out of his ring) I agree with Ducado.
Coming from the number one City fan in the whole world I take as an honour
Glad you recognise that at long last.

Falling behind in games so Mancini sends defenders on. Sinclair not my cup of tea but we could have at least let him show us what he could do. L/Pool 2 - 1 down Tevez on the bench & stays there. What is going on? Said it before but feel the players lost faith in Mancini a long time ago. With the way he has looked after Balotelli & forgotten about the rest of the squad.

dario2739 said:
I wouldn't go as far as to say this season has gone SO wrong, but it's been a strange season so far.
We have to figure in the fact that, as Champions, a lot of teams are really busting a gut to beat us, or putting everything behind the ball to stop us! We have found that really hard to deal with so far. Add to that the pressure on the team to repeat last season.
But the main problem this year has been putting the ball in the onion bag - plain and simple!
We are creating chances but not putting them away! Yet that shower of shite across town are taking their chances. Against us they had 4 shots on target - and scored them all... luckily one was disallowed, but that's the difference. Van Pussy was bought to do a job... and he's been successfiul. He may have been overpriced and demanded stupid wages but if they win it this year he's paid for himself many times over. If he had have signed for us this season I truly believe we'd be as clear as they are now, and they'd be struggling for top 4!
100% correct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.