Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

So far we have lost Milner, Dzeko and Jovetic and gained Sterling and Delph so not really improved the squad much although Sterling is an exciting signing.

Khaldoon needs to deliver these signings he was talking about. Without adding to the squad I can't see us finishing above Chelsea and based on what I have seen of our defence in pre season it could be third behind Arsenal.

We need to take the domestic cups more seriously this season. They were a joke last year.

Shearer and the bbc say chelsea still the team to beat (cant be arsed linking the article but heres a snippet)

"You cannot tell me Raheem is worth £49m," said Shearer.

"He's a good player, he's got potential, he's lightning quick, but I still think he needs to improve on a lot of aspects. Will he improve Manchester City? Yes. For £49m? No.

"Cech will be very, very good and improve Arsenal by a number of points, but I think they still need a top-class centre forward at least to go that one step further and win the title.

"I still think there's work to be done for United. I don't think there's a lot between City and United, they'll be pushing Chelsea all the way. I still think they might lack just one or two players."

Alan, he either improves us or he doesn't. You can't have both.

Shearer and the bbc say chelsea still the team to beat (cant be arsed linking the article but heres a snippet)

"You cannot tell me Raheem is worth £49m," said Shearer.

"He's a good player, he's got potential, he's lightning quick, but I still think he needs to improve on a lot of aspects. Will he improve Manchester City? Yes. For £49m? No.

"Cech will be very, very good and improve Arsenal by a number of points, but I think they still need a top-class centre forward at least to go that one step further and win the title.

"I still think there's work to be done for United. I don't think there's a lot between City and United, they'll be pushing Chelsea all the way. I still think they might lack just one or two players."

I just don't understand what business it is of these people how much our owner wants to spend of his own money on a player. Seriously, does Sheikh Mansour care what fucking Alan Shearer thinks a players worth is? It's funny he says Sterling WILL improve us but then looks at the price and says no he won't. He either will or he won't Alan, why does the price matter?

I think we''ll finish bottom. I was quite hopeful, but i've been beaten down by so much negativity.
It has lead me to believe that i must be mad and that we really are that shite. So relegation is
surely nailed on.

3rd.

Main reason is Pellegrini, just don't see it in him.

Also;

Kompany - underperforming for too long, probably not even among top 10 defenders in the league atm
Mangala - just slightly above average, not really a game changer. Certainly not worth the price - better players could have been bought for 32m
Kolarov/Clichy - prefer Kolarov, as Clichy adds nothing either offensively or defensively. Need a replacement there anyway.
Zaba - crowd's favorite, but rapidly approaching his expiry date. Just average last season
Fernando - Nothing special
Yaya - does he still have it? Everyone agrees that he does not add much defensively, but if you take out penalties and free kicks, how many goals/assts a season can we expect?
Nasri - Could be a good impact sub, along with Navas, now that Sterling is around
Silva - another crowd's favorite, one of City legends, but as cruel as it sounds, also a player that someone like Mourinho would sell, as he's also exiting his prime. if KDB joins, he'll definitely spend some time on the bench.

I think we'll finish either 3rd or 4th. Were up against significantly improved opposition this year and they will be the first to expose our defensive frailties. To challenge the top 2 IMO thats Arsenal and Chelsea were going to have to be very lucky with injuries and make another signing or two to improve the defence and defensive midfield. Furthermore I don't think anyone should count out Liverpool either. I see them as a major threat to the top 4. Ings, Benteke,Clyne, Milner and Firmino have improved there squad no end. Add a fit Sturridge, IBe and that young belgium Origi they look like they have some serious attacking weapons.

Last edited:
3rd.

Also;

Kompany - underperforming for too long, probably not even among top 10 defenders in the league atm
Mangala - just slightly above average, not really a game changer. Certainly not worth the price - better players could have been bought for 32m
Kolarov/Clichy - prefer Kolarov, as Clichy adds nothing either offensively or defensively. Need a replacement there anyway.
Zaba - crowd's favorite, but rapidly approaching his expiry date. Just average last season
Yaya - does he still have it? Everyone agrees that he does not add much defensively, but if you take out penalties and free kicks, how many goals/assts a season can we expect?
Nasri - Could be a good impact sub, along with Navas, now that Sterling is around
Silva - another crowd's favorite, one of City legends, but as cruel as it sounds, also a player that someone like Mourinho would sell, as he's also exiting his prime. if KDB joins, he'll definitely spend some time on the bench.
Thats the funniest post Ive ever read............SIlva "as cruel as it sounds, also a player that someone like Mourinho would sell, as he's also exiting his prime"
still shaking my head at this notrite post

3rd.

Also;

Agree on Kompany and Mangala. But the truely awful defenders are Sagna and Kolorov. Not Clichy and Zabba.

Yaya is still a great player and Silva is the best in the league IMO. Mourinho would love him as he gets stuck in. Only fault is his finishing.

If KDB joins it'll be Navas who spends most time in the wilderness I think. Nasri will play more centrally when needed. Great to come off the bench.

I don't think we'll get beyond 3rd because of our awful full backs and whacky defense. I hope I'm wrong though.

David James doesnt even think we will finish top 4 !
David James has predicted Manchester city will miss out on the top four this season after claiming they are the “weakest link” among the title contenders.

Former City keeper James reckons the whole club’s philosophy is wrong and that they got LUCKY by “tripping over the line” to win their two Premier League titles.

James believes Liverpool another of his old employers - will be the surprise package this season, and claims they will knock City out of the top four despite another summer of big spending at the Etihad.

It would seem unthinkable for mega-rich City not to be challenging for the title again in the campaign which starts on Saturday, let alone missing out on the top four entirely — although their collapse at the end of last season did raise some serious doubts about Pellegrini.

And James believes that while the Mancunian Blues have got big problems ahead, Liverpool have addressed their weaknesses by replacing two members of manager Brendan Rodgers’ backroom team.

“I generally think Man City of the top four are the weak link,” said former England keeper James.

“Man City, again, they have got all this talent, they have won the title twice — or rather tripped over the line twice.

“Look at Chelsea last season. The title was won in November. If Arsenal had started better, I think Chelsea would have carried on longer just to win the league by ten, 15 points, whatever.

“I don’t see the Man City model being right, just spending loads of money and acquiring players. It isn’t necessarily the model of continued success. I have seen changes elsewhere and at the moment I am not seeing that at Man City. It is just spend a bit more and expect success.”

James, talking at the launch of BT Sport’s new Premier League coverage, expects Liverpool to push City out of the top four.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.