Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

We desperately need Kompany and Zabaleta to be back at their absolute best. Last season was poor for the pair... especially Kompany.

Up front we need to keep Kun fit, let him rest domestic cup games, the same goes for Silva and Yaya.

As for the addition of Sterling; I think he will prove to be the signing of the season. I am so looking forward to seeing him together with a fully fit and operational Yaya, Silva and Kun. Opposing defenders will have horrible match days playing against us then.

The performance of our spine: Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero will decide whether or not we finish in the top three, possibly four.

Chelsea will win it again, thanks to Jose's tactics and their very strong squad. Arsenal, the dick-heads and us will compete for the remaining top four spots.
A rational, realistic post.

I'll come back sept 1st/2nd when the window shuts as I think their is a few twists and turns yet in ours and the others squads

With the attacking talent we have some teams are gonna get hammered I expect us to be the leading goal scorers in the league again, whether or not that's enough to win the league I doubt as our defensive aspect isn't good enough.

This could go either way because after the United defeat, there was a general sense that it was the end of an era. I even remember Blue Moon posters suggesting that we should give Yaya a good send-off before the Southampton game.
Now here we are, less than a week before the new season, with virtually the same squad, the same weaknesses, and a growing feeling that the way last season finished, might have papered over a few cracks.
De Bruyne and Pogba will give us a few more options, but this all points to last day of the transfer window madness, with 4 games already played.

Not too impressed with our summer transfer activity so far.

Will we have adequet time to replace Jov and Dzeko? Perhaps if we've been working in the background. But we definitely need depth if they leave.

Have we galvanised our general resistance to teams playing through us?

At the moment, I have to say 2nd is looking optimistic, but maybe that's just my glass half empty City goggles distorting the view. Let's see what happens with the transfers.

If we can get the season off to a reasonably good start (minimum of 8 points in August) and bring in one or two new players before the deadline then there's no reason why we can't win the league.

Although our defence has been poor at times in pre-season I expect it to improve markedly over the first few games and I expect us to have a league winning defensive record.

Hopefully Clichy can perform at his highest level consistently and the calls for a new LB are a little premature.

I'll go for us finishing 1st with Chelsea narrowly behind us in 2nd. Arsenal and United taking 3rd and 4th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.