Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

3rd poss 4th . I still see us dropping soft points to lower sides (inability to defend a cross) and not beating the other 3 (our Manager is the weakest tactically of the other challengers.)
General feel that this Season we are just kicking our heels waiting for God-iola...this malaise must transmit to the players.
Without 2 or 3 big additions in the next 2 weeks I think that;s where we'll be.

David James doesnt even think we will finish top 4 !
David James has predicted Manchester city will miss out on the top four this season after claiming they are the “weakest link” among the title contenders.

Former City keeper James reckons the whole club’s philosophy is wrong and that they got LUCKY by “tripping over the line” to win their two Premier League titles.

James believes Liverpool another of his old employers - will be the surprise package this season, and claims they will knock City out of the top four despite another summer of big spending at the Etihad.

It would seem unthinkable for mega-rich City not to be challenging for the title again in the campaign which starts on Saturday, let alone missing out on the top four entirely — although their collapse at the end of last season did raise some serious doubts about Pellegrini.

And James believes that while the Mancunian Blues have got big problems ahead, Liverpool have addressed their weaknesses by replacing two members of manager Brendan Rodgers’ backroom team.

“I generally think Man City of the top four are the weak link,” said former England keeper James.

“Man City, again, they have got all this talent, they have won the title twice — or rather tripped over the line twice.

“Look at Chelsea last season. The title was won in November. If Arsenal had started better, I think Chelsea would have carried on longer just to win the league by ten, 15 points, whatever.

“I don’t see the Man City model being right, just spending loads of money and acquiring players. It isn’t necessarily the model of continued success. I have seen changes elsewhere and at the moment I am not seeing that at Man City. It is just spend a bit more and expect success.”

James, talking at the launch of BT Sport’s new Premier League coverage, expects Liverpool to push City out of the top four.

what a ****.

Obviously the CFA and mini-stadium doesnt exist in his mind.

I can see Arsenal and Chelsea being the front runners for the title. With my blue tinted specs on I think we will just pip United and Liverpool into 3rd. I hope to be proved wrong but our Gung Ho approach will probably cost us dear. Pellers is a good manager but his tactical decisions baffle me. I think the Mourinho factor at Chelsea gives them a huge edge over us, he knows the Premiership inside out and will win at all costs. Arsenal have got some momentum from the last couple of seasons and have got a few monkeys off their back, Sanchez was a big turning point and with the psychological lift of acquiring Cech they will be hard to beat.

I will be happy to add another major trophy and keep our Champions League status

I'm still confident we'll win it or go right to the end, don't care what has beens and fellow bluemooners think. Our defence is bad, but isn't as half as bad as some point out, the Stuttgart game was of because the joke of a midfield infront of it which left them exposed. I doubt even Pellers is that naive or stupid to go with a midfield similar to Nasri, Dave and Evans in a competitive match.

Hopefully Zabs, Vinnie, and Yaya have decent seasons, and if Mangala settles, and Sterling and other possible signings settle, there's no reason we can't win it. Big if's, but i'm still confident nonetheless.

We will win the league, Arsenal will finish 2nd. Chelsea will finish 3rd and the scum will finish 4th above Liverpool if they sign anyone decent before the window closes.

David James doesnt even think we will finish top 4 !
David James has predicted Manchester city will miss out on the top four this season after claiming they are the “weakest link” among the title contenders.

Former City keeper James reckons the whole club’s philosophy is wrong and that they got LUCKY by “tripping over the line” to win their two Premier League titles.

James believes Liverpool another of his old employers - will be the surprise package this season, and claims they will knock City out of the top four despite another summer of big spending at the Etihad.

It would seem unthinkable for mega-rich City not to be challenging for the title again in the campaign which starts on Saturday, let alone missing out on the top four entirely — although their collapse at the end of last season did raise some serious doubts about Pellegrini.

And James believes that while the Mancunian Blues have got big problems ahead, Liverpool have addressed their weaknesses by replacing two members of manager Brendan Rodgers’ backroom team.

“I generally think Man City of the top four are the weak link,” said former England keeper James.

“Man City, again, they have got all this talent, they have won the title twice — or rather tripped over the line twice.

“Look at Chelsea last season. The title was won in November. If Arsenal had started better, I think Chelsea would have carried on longer just to win the league by ten, 15 points, whatever.

“I don’t see the Man City model being right, just spending loads of money and acquiring players. It isn’t necessarily the model of continued success. I have seen changes elsewhere and at the moment I am not seeing that at Man City. It is just spend a bit more and expect success.”

James, talking at the launch of BT Sport’s new Premier League coverage, expects Liverpool to push City out of the top four.

Sensationalism, nothing more- and for the most part, factually inaccurate.

"The title was won in November."- which is why we were completely level with Chelsea on the 1st of January.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...the-Premier-League-above-Manchester-City.html

“I don’t see the Man City model being right, just spending loads of money and acquiring players. It isn’t necessarily the model of continued success. I have seen changes elsewhere and at the moment I am not seeing that at Man City. It is just spend a bit more and expect success.”- the academy and training complex illustrates his lack of knowledge about the strategy at City.

"... Liverpool have addressed their weaknesses by replacing two members of manager Brendan Rodgers’ backroom team."- if two members of the backroom team were the issue for Liverpool last year I question what role the manager and players have at that club, obviously they are not run like any other club.

“I generally think Man City of the top four are the weak link,”- 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, looks like consistently weak league form...

Just the usual bollocks from a "pundit" wishing to make a name for himself.

Sensationalism, nothing more- and for the most part, factually inaccurate.

"The title was won in November."- which is why we were completely level with Chelsea on the 1st of January.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...the-Premier-League-above-Manchester-City.html

“I don’t see the Man City model being right, just spending loads of money and acquiring players. It isn’t necessarily the model of continued success. I have seen changes elsewhere and at the moment I am not seeing that at Man City. It is just spend a bit more and expect success.”- the academy and training complex illustrates his lack of knowledge about the strategy at City.

"... Liverpool have addressed their weaknesses by replacing two members of manager Brendan Rodgers’ backroom team."- if two members of the backroom team were the issue for Liverpool last year I question what role the manager and players have at that club, obviously they are not run like any other club.

“I generally think Man City of the top four are the weak link,”- 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, looks like consistently weak league form...

Just the usual bollocks from a "pundit" wishing to make a name for himself.
Summed it up perfectly

I suppose James has to make a few bob somehow wasn't he declared bankrupt recently? It seems the James era was when we signed a whole load of has been cunts here for a pay day and some of their sniping since just confirms that we as fans were right about them.....cunts!

We desperately need Kompany and Zabaleta to be back at their absolute best. Last season was poor for the pair... especially Kompany.

Up front we need to keep Kun fit, let him rest domestic cup games, the same goes for Silva and Yaya.

As for the addition of Sterling; I think he will prove to be the signing of the season. I am so looking forward to seeing him together with a fully fit and operational Yaya, Silva and Kun. Opposing defenders will have horrible match days playing against us then.

The performance of our spine: Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero will decide whether or not we finish in the top three, possibly four.

Chelsea will win it again, thanks to Jose's tactics and their very strong squad. Arsenal, the dick-heads and us will compete for the remaining top four spots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.