Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

This is my first post so go easy. I am a bit gobsmacked at how pessimistic some are at our chances this year. Just changing our formation will improve us considerably. Giving some more protection to our back four will improve their form. Vinny,Zabba...These guys bleed blue ffs. How many times last year where we over run in the midfield because of 442? Add in sterling alone and we will have teams terrified. It's first place for me. My two cents anyway.

As the squads stand right now, I think we'll finish third, behind Chelsea and the scum. If Arsenal sign a decent striker we could end up 4th.

However, if we get KDB and Pogba then I'd say we would be champions, or a close 2nd.

Unfortunately the rag scum getting Schweinsteiger has seriously strengthened their midfield (though I think Schneiderlin is one of the most over-rated midfielders in the league). Chelsea will be the same as last season; relentless, so we really have our work cut out to overhaul them.

We desperately need to keep Aguero fully fit all season, Bony to get fit & find his Swansea form, and Sterling to play like a £40m+ player consistently. We also need a real top drawer midfield signing like Pogba because Delph is ok but no game changer.

The SAS factor could be worth many wins and push us close but I am worried about the defence....although maybe Kompany and Denayer could be a good partnership.

This is my first post so go easy. I am a bit gobsmacked at how pessimistic some are at our chances this year. Just changing our formation will improve us considerably. Giving some more protection to our back four will improve their form. Vinny,Zabba...These guys bleed blue ffs. How many times last year where we over run in the midfield because of 442? Add in sterling alone and we will have teams terrified. It's first place for me. My two cents anyway.
It's forgotten that 12 months ago City had one of the best teams in the Premiership, but then we had a very disruptive Summer with the fall out with Toure. I thought Kompany was very weak too. However I think Kompany will be back, and City too.

Bony will be a force next season with Aguero and Sterling. And Silva. And Navas. The attacking options are frightening (could add Toure and Nasri too!)

Arsenal look like a very strong squad and Cech will make them stronger. I think they may have the belief that this is their time now. If they get a striker then I think City and Arsenal are the two stand out teams. I can't see Chelsea doing it again. Hazard is special. But he and Terry carry that team, and Terry can't defy age forever. Fabregas and Costa are not as good as claimed.

Last season we had a lot of disruption with Toure, then Mangala, Fernando, Bony settling in. This season we will be a lot stronger. I am bothered a little about our fitness from the off. The world tour is a stupid idea and I bet the players hate it. I would. I'd just want to train. And the other doubt is Toure. But we have alternatives if his legs have really gone. Last season I thought it was his mind as much as anything. We'll know straightaway, and the coaching staff probably already know.

It's forgotten that 12 months ago City had one of the best teams in the Premiership, but then we had a very disruptive Summer with the fall out with Toure. I thought Kompany was very weak too. However I think Kompany will be back, and City too.

Bony will be a force next season with Aguero and Sterling. And Silva. And Navas. The attacking options are frightening (could add Toure and Nasri too!)

Arsenal look like a very strong squad and Cech will make them stronger. I think they may have the belief that this is their time now. If they get a striker then I think City and Arsenal are the two stand out teams. I can't see Chelsea doing it again. Hazard is special. But he and Terry carry that team, and Terry can't defy age forever. Fabregas and Costa are not as good as claimed.

Last season we had a lot of disruption with Toure, then Mangala, Fernando, Bony settling in. This season we will be a lot stronger. I am bothered a little about our fitness from the off. The world tour is a stupid idea and I bet the players hate it. I would. I'd just want to train. And the other doubt is Toure. But we have alternatives if his legs have really gone. Last season I thought it was his mind as much as anything. We'll know straightaway, and the coaching staff probably already know.

You could even argue that Zaba was poor for most of last season, Clichy was inconsistent, and Mangala should now be much better after a first year of adapting. With the addition of Sterling, Delph and potentially De Bruyne, I think if our defense sharpens up, and we learn how to press as a unit, we could win the league by 6 points. Obviously I'd like a true destroyer and a top class LB, but we should have the squad to cope. We won't lose Yaya and Bony this year and we won't have the striker crisis.

I don't see how anyone can look at our team and still predict that Utd will finish ahead of us? It's fucking bizarre. They've strenghtened in the middle of the park but still have a mediocre back four and a severe lack of firepower. If they adress those problems maybe they'll put up a challenge to us but without they'll be battling for a top 4 place.
It seems we have some fans with a very low opinion of our squad. Adding Sterling and KDB will see us and Chelsea vying for top spot. Adding another CM and a LB will see us win a domestic double at least.

Was hoping we would really overhaul the midfield and full back positions. As we haven't I expect 2nd or 3rd.

Those saying 1st have blue tinted specs. We've brought in a great player in Sterling but this doesn't cover over the squads deficiencies.

Agree about Sterling increasing our attacking options, but scoring goals was never our biggest weakness.

There’s a lot of “Ifs”, but our chances of success depend on Zabaleta and Kompany regaining form and fitness, Pellegrini learning from his previous tactical blunders, at least two more top drawer signings, and the players chomping at the bit from the first minute of the season.

Top 3 and a Cup won’t be a disaster, especially if a couple of youngsters get some games, but we need to look as though we’re evolving, rather than still relying on Silva, Aguero and Yaya for inspiration.

Also, the off-field talk about Guardiola won’t go away, and will slowly undermine Pellegrini, if the club aren’t careful.

We'll win the title this season and though that's about as surprising as Ian Wright tipping Arsenal unlike Wrighty there is some logic in my opinion

1. City - The best squad in the league, attacking options increased, defence remains only question mark but a consistent selection of the back four will make us strong there again
2. Chelsea - a very good first team but squad looks a little light and they are gambling on the fitness and form of Terry, Ivanovic and Azpilacueta who were so important to them last season, I expect them to eventually sign Stones but if they suffer any losses in defence I see them under pressure more often and just falling short of top spot
3. United - have improved their squad in midfield and I expect them to be stronger BUT they have not done much with the defence and this will cause them problems. The RB they got well jury's out but Italian defenders don't have much of a track record in the Prem League and the rest are the same as last year. If De Gea stays when 3rd for them, if he goes then 4th again.
4. Arsenal - we've seen it all before, there'll be plenty coming out saying its their year, but reality is they have little chance. Will have their moments but won't be there at the end.

Bar the rest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.