Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

I'm not concentrating on the worst case scenario. Really I expect Zabba to be back. Frankly he had some howlers but overall he was pretty good. I don't buy the Kompany wasn't fit "mantra". I think folks say that to make themselves ignore the obvious. He has gotten worse over a 2 year period. Frankly he is out of form. Yes, his consistent injuries might have been the cause, but this doesn't mean he was playing injured for the most part when he was being poor. Torres wasn't injured for most of his time at Chelsea, he was just in bad form. True his long bouts with injury might have caused it, but his dip in form wasn't because he was currently injured.

I think the same is the case for Kompany: injuries that stopped him from practicing his craft, might have led hin to lose form, but he wasn't injured when playing poorly. Whether this is a permanent loss of form or not is yet to be seen. Some lose it permanently, Torres, while others fight out of it, Thiago Silva. Where Kompany lands will play a role in our season.

As for Leftbacks, I'm not as bothered as most, it's average and it will be annoying, but all teams have weaknesses, that's ours for now.

CM is actually quite fine. Yaya will play deeper and orchestrate from deep, while Delph or Dihno will be the box to box workhorse. I even expect Fernando to hold his own when he plays. Not to mention Nasri will probably get playing time at CM.

If we get Debruyne, I will be satisfied with the window, so long as we don't play 2 strikers upfront, we will be fine.
We pretty much agree on everything apart from Kompany. I'm definitely in the camp that believes his form is directly linked to a series of mitigating circumstances. Persistent niggles, being rushed back, playing in an ever changing back four, a completely different tactical set up from when Mancini was in charge, and a lack of proper protection in front of him are all a legitimate defence for him.
One thing is certain, this season is his biggest for us since he signed. He will either silence his critics or confirm to some that he's not the payer he was.

A front four of Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling would take us back to first and FA cup with a bit of luck. They would be very fast on the attack which is something we have been lacking.

2nd. Kompany appears past his best. Yaya inconsistent. LB not sorted. Concerned we will go back to 442. Pellegrini is a nice man.

Despite not really adding anything to the defence, I think Sterling added to our offence will provide the spark we need. I am really excited about what he adds to the team. I think we can pull of a domestic double, and make CL semis depending on our draw. Barca and Madrid still in front by a length.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.