Where have all the Insects gone ?

What’s with the aggression?
Show me the irrefutable, academic evidence and I’ll believe you. Otherwise, grow the fuck up and attack someone else who just blindly follows what the media says
Aggression? Attack? Believe what you like pal.

I bet all the shit and ugly fake lawns that this country is becoming increasingly obsessed with don't help. I absolutely cannot stand artificial grass. It looks ugly and kills off the insect population.
I sorted at my back garden this year.
The Mrs wanted atrificial grass. I told her you sort it out and pay for everything then.
I hate the stuff and telling her to sort and pay for it made it plain sailing for me to put a stone patio and a new lawn down.

I sorted at my back garden this year.
The Mrs wanted atrificial grass. I told her you sort it out and pay for everything then.
I hate the stuff and telling her to sort and pay for it made it plain sailing for me to put a stone patio and a new lawn down.

Good on ya! Absolutely with you on that.

The first sensible ,well thought out reply.
The insect mortality on a car windscreen was always a good indicator of their abundance,particularly in gourgeouly hot summer long summer days.
Their varied absence this summer has been quite clear, for those with eyes to see....without them the songbirds will also die,and the lack of a full throttle Dawn Chorus in many areas of Britain now is worrying..not just for those into wildlife...even the posters who see fit to make silly jokes on this thread should be worried....oops I've slipped into scaremongering.
Thing is, Aerodynamics, better wipers / washers etc is one reason the other could be the number of vehicles.

What do you reckon, 20 times more vehicles on the road today compared to the 70's? More vehicles, less insects per vehicle.

Regular car washing too, get your car washed anywhere and many do every week.

Think it depends on where you live too, we're semi rural and there's been no shortage of insects, Wasps in particular.

Personal favourite 2 insects are the Lace Wing and Shield Bug, never kill 'em :-)

Thing is, Aerodynamics, better wipers / washers etc is one reason the other could be the number of vehicles.

What do you reckon, 20 times more vehicles on the road today compared to the 70's? More vehicles, less insects per vehicle.

Regular car washing too, get your car washed anywhere and many do every week.

Think it depends on where you live too, we're semi rural and there's been no shortage of insects, Wasps in particular.

Personal favourite 2 insects are the Lace Wing and Shield Bug, never kill 'em :-)
I ride a motorbike, and I get plenty of bugs splattered all over my visor and on the front of my fairing, wing mirrors, front forks, on my sleeves, top of my helmet, everyehere. It's not unusual for me to get off my bike and there is a dead fly on the seat as well.

I don't hear the little ones hitting me that make up the majority of splats, but bees and wasps, oh yeah, they make a bang. Sometimes you hit them full on the front of your visor and you spend the next 30 seconds or so watching the gooey mess slowly slide towards the side then disappear.

Riding at night can bring a different insect into your world. You hear a huge bang on your visor, and all you can see is a great big splodge of fluid, but no body parts. I've never worked out what I've hit.

Long time passing..

Long time ago..

And some of you openly admit to killing wasps. Shame on you.
They pollinate flowers that brings life and beauty to an area. They are vital to the eco system but because you are frightened of them, you kill them.

It will be a toxic wasteland. When we start dying off whose going to look after the nuclear waste, the oil and plastic that doesn't degrade, the chemicals the lot. Yes their will be some animals left but in what state.
We are utter wankers devouring everything including ourselves, all for greed and power
As 70s Hawkwind might say..
" Assault and Battery on the insect Anatomy"
Assault and Battery on the insect Anatomy......Man.....(5G)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.