Where have all the Insects gone ?

Some species seem to be doing ok though. I took this in the back garden. Think it’s a speckled wood butterfly. Only recently moved up to this part of Scotland

1662544242750.jpeg

The agricultural chemical we use on fields all ends up in the rivers. How the insects are meant to survive is beyond me.
Edit: and sewage accidentally (cough) discharged into rivers.
It's impossible for them to survive really. Eventually we'll end up with a world that mostly just has humans on it plus anything that lives symbiotically with humans in our concrete jungles such as erm cats, dogs and seagulls.

The change is just mental really over such a short period of time. The world population was less than 200 million for thousands of years.... It went from that to 8 billion in just 200-300 years.

No species can survive that change at that pace considering the damage we do in the process.

I remember years ago a shop in 'Apper'ay selling chocolate covered ants. And the latest iteration of eating shit is 'cricket flour'! I thought they were shredding old cricket bats, as they are plant-based, and making loaves out of the stuff, but no, it's crickets, as in locusts and cicadas. I bet it'd be £50 for a loaf made with cricket flour.

I remember years ago a shop in 'Apper'ay selling chocolate covered ants. And the latest iteration of eating shit is 'cricket flour'! I thought they were shredding old cricket bats, as they are plant-based, and making loaves out of the stuff, but no, it's crickets, as in locusts and cicadas. I bet it'd be £50 for a loaf made with cricket flour.
Think of them as land prawns :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.