Where Hughes went wrong

shlooney said:
of creating a new Clough/Shankly style DYNASTY under Hughes.

Are you the guy that who posted the other week that Hughes was our best manager since Joe Mercer?

He failed consistently for a season and a half. There was no evidence of him improving things. He had to go.

Hughes was a control freak he surrounded himself with people he knew and trusted who weren't up to scratch. His attitude towards players and staff was always my way or the Highway which is all we and good when you've got the trophys to back you up. Truth is Hughes was never up to the task in hand and the way he's conducted himself since the game I'm glad we're well rid. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Didsbury Dave said:
shlooney said:

Are you the guy that who posted the other week that Hughes was our best manager since Joe Mercer?

He failed consistently for a season and a half. There was no evidence of him improving things. He had to go.

I agree with you Dave...however on stats Hughes has been the best on paper (more wins than any other manager in win rate) since Mercer...however you could argue anyone could be with the money spent.

Good luck to him and always be grateful of the foundations he built. Time to move on
for the best of the club.

Didsbury Dave said:
shlooney said:

I really must be missing something i honestly dont get this.

I repeat.
6th in the league.
semi finals of the one cup we have been in thus far.
Some BRILLIANT performances.
Give me that at the start of the season and i will have snapped your bloody hand off

shlooney said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I repeat.
6th in the league.
Give me that at the start of the season and i will have snapped your bloody hand off
Some BRILLIANT performances....this season, I thought we played well against Chelsea but I would hardly call it BRILLIANT, what performances would you class this season as such??

shlooney said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I repeat.
6th in the league.

Brilliant performances....I wouldn't go that far, but even if I agreed, those performances numbered far less than the dire performances. Conceeding 19 goals in 9 league games doesn't sound all that brilliant to me.

shlooney said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I repeat.
6th in the league.

Stop dwelling on it mate and move on....so far the owners have been bang on...Hughes played his part, we are now moving to the next level. I also think the next level will be replacing Cook for Kenyon, however many disagree i think that will happen in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.