Where is the single most beautiful place you have been?

On Darnton Rd in Stalybridge there's a large lake with an island known as Stamford Park boating lake. It is adjacent to the Park.
I grew up next to it. I used to swim and fish in it....Why would you argue about that ? I don't understand.
I know some people on here like to argue and prove others wrong but why would you deny a place exists ?

View attachment 34507
On Darnton Rd in Stalybridge there's a large lake with an island known as Stamford Park boating lake. It is adjacent to the Park.
I grew up next to it. I used to swim and fish in it....Why would you argue about that ? I don't understand.
I know some people on here like to argue and prove others wrong but why would you deny a place exists ?

View attachment 34507
I think we are at cross purposes here.

The Stamford Park I know is in Altrincham. The photos of the Stamford park you know, which I had no idea existed, are very pleasant and much more scenic than the one I know.

It's a funny old old world that can be confusing at times.

I am fortunate to live down there and one of my favourite running routes is starting at Lulworth Cove, running over to Durdle and then carrying on along the South West Coast Path. Proper challenging Hills but some fantastic views to enjoy.
I was based at the medical centre in Bovington. In my younger days when I was fit it would ride on my bike that I bought with NAAFI stamps collected when I was based in Germany down to Lulworth cove regularly. The hills were a bit of a killer though.

Soprabolzano up in the Dolomites is fairly spectacular.

as is Riva del Garda

I was based at the medical centre in Bovington. In my younger days when I was fit it would ride on my bike that I bought with NAAFI stamps collected when I was based in Germany down to Lulworth cove regularly. The hills were a bit of a killer though.

Yes the hills all around the South West Coast path are pretty tough and can be shockingly clod if the weather turns against you. Got a friend running on the Bovington tank range on Sunday. More of a mudfest than a run.

A good day out when you were a teenager with a young lass to impress…or wag off school down the road at Ashton Grammar!!!
Used to do hill sprints up Mellor Road and run round the park - approx 1 mile all the way round the park perimeter. This was in our 1 PE period a week in our A level year (67/8), as there wasn't enough time to get changed/dressed for football.
That or go on the motorboats.

Used to do hill sprints up Mellor Road and run round the park - approx 1 mile all the way round the park perimeter. This was in our 1 PE period a week in our A level year (67/8), as there wasn't enough time to get changed/dressed for football.
That or go on the motorboats.
Loved going there with a lass on a nice day! Stroll around the park itself, row around the lake a bit, then who knew….

Liked it less on Cross Country Sports Days, when we used to head out of the gate towards the bottom of the Ashton Grammar playing fields, along Darnton Road, around one side of the Lake, out around the waste ground fields beyond the hospital, towards Ashton Barracks and the Lacrosse Club, then back!

I was always a big lad sprinter, but as a House Captain (Stamford) at AG, I didn’t have a choice but to run.

Always ended up the same way…me bent over double about 10 yards past the finish line TRYING not to embarrass myself by hurling!! Rarely succeeded!!

But…good memories all, even though we seemed to spend half our life back then hating school!!

:-)

I think we are at cross purposes here.

The Stamford Park I know is in Altrincham. The photos of the Stamford park you know, which I had no idea existed, are very pleasant and much more scenic than the one I know.

It's a funny old old world that can be confusing at times.
I never knew there was another Stamford Park.

Faroe Islands was very impressive and maybe I missed it if it's been mentioned already so sorry. Too many to mention but Ljubljana in Slovenia was like an undiscovered and mini Prague when we were there fourteen years ago. Andorra was brilliant also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.