Where is the single most beautiful place you have been?

There isn't a boating lake in Stamford Park. There is a duck pond. What are you on about?
On Darnton Rd in Stalybridge there's a large lake with an island known as Stamford Park boating lake. It is adjacent to the Park.
I grew up next to it. I used to swim and fish in it....Why would you argue about that ? I don't understand.
I know some people on here like to argue and prove others wrong but why would you deny a place exists ?

Screenshot_2022-01-15-13-53-35-73.jpg

Last edited:
On Darnton Rd in Stalybridge there's a large lake with an island known as Stamford Park boating lake. It is adjacent to the Park.
I grew up next to it. I used to swim and fish in it....Why would you argue about that ? I don't understand.
I know some people on here like to argue and prove others wrong but why would you deny a place exists ?

View attachment 34507
A good day out when you were a teenager with a young lass to impress…or wag off school down the road at Ashton Grammar!!!

The fjords and glaciers over Oslo and Bergen are spectacular.

And closer to home, one of my hobbies is hiking and wild camping. Waking up at sunrise in the Lake District fells in the right weather conditions, not a soul around, with a bit of cloud inversion in the valleys is as close to heaven as you can possibly imagine.

I lived in Calgary for 4 years and me and my friends spent countless hours at Moraine. Architecturally, though, I'd have to say Prague and Rome are the standouts.
Prague is stunning. Headed there in a few weeks hopefully.

Where were you in Calgary? We’ve left now, but lived in Cochrane for 6 years. Views across to the Rockies never got old. Used to drive to Panorama every weekend in Winter to ski, and the 3 hour drive each way was pretty much always a pleasure. Very different to driving 3 hours on a UK motorway.

View attachment 34507
The Stamford Belle, mate. Living the dream when I went on that.
Then the kids who rowed to the island and the boat floated away, it was the talk of Stalybridge and Duki!!!

The Stamford Belle, mate. Living the dream when I went on that.
Then the kids who rowed to the island and the boat floated away, it was the talk of Stalybridge and Duki!!!
Only till the local council put a statue of a slave trader up in front of the Town Hall...I wouldn't mind but in true Duky fashion e was a really shit slave trader sank his boat and killed all the slaves and i think turned to Piracy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.