Where was the CL star above our crest yesterday?

We should wait until weve won it 3 times and then bring this bad boy back View attachment 89953
I always wanted to get rid of that thing and so glad we did.

The three stars were just bobbins, the yellow bird is United’s, Superbia In Proelio is a negative saying because Superbia means too much pride/arrogance before a fall, it doesn’t say ‘Manchester’ or ‘City’ anywhere…

Hated it!

that fucking eagle was never a city badge imo,looked cheap,trying to make us something we werent , a fucking eagle,or phoenix ffs, whoever came up with that wanted shooting, ive seen lads with that tattoo and it looks shite,our badge now is superb ,and apart from a tweak here and there to modernise it,it should never change

that fucking eagle was never a city badge imo,looked cheap,trying to make us something we werent , a fucking eagle,or phoenix ffs, whoever came up with that wanted shooting, ive seen lads with that tattoo and it looks shite,our badge now is superb ,and apart from a tweak here and there to modernise it,it should never change
I do like our new badge, although I don’t think it’s perfect.

I’m not a massive fan of the Red Rose of Lancaster since the Manchester FA wanted to remain separate from the Lancashire FA in early football and looked to not be influenced by them (a much stronger FA with bigger clubs at the time). City joined the Manchester FA when we could have joined the Lancashire FA. A decision I reckon had a lot to do with us getting our players banned in 1906 because the more powerful Lancashire clubs (and the likes of Aston Villa) didn’t like us and held influence with the main FA.

I’ve always thought of City - specifically because we are called ‘City’ - as the club of the city of Manchester and not of any connection to a wider county (that it’s not even in anymore… by next year Manchester won’t have been in Lancashire for 50 years!).

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like our new badge, although I don’t think it’s perfect.

I’m not a massive fan of the Red Rose of Lancaster since the Manchester FA wanted to remain separate from the Lancashire FA in early football and looked to not be influenced by them (a much stronger FA with bigger clubs at the time). City joined the Manchester FA when we could have joined the Lancashire FA. A decision I reckon had a lot to do with us getting our players banned in 1906 because the more powerful Lancashire clubs (and the likes of Aston Villa) didn’t like us and held influence with the main FA.

I’ve always thought of City - specifically because we are called ‘City’ - as the club of the city of Manchester and not of any connection to a wider county (that it’s not even in anymore… by next year Manchester won’t have been in Lancashire for 50 years!).
Maybe something like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230813_102114_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230813_102114_Google.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 37

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.