Where was the CL star above our crest yesterday?

In Italy and Germany, the stars are for an accumulation of league titles.

In Italy (and Holland, Sweden…) - you get a star for ever 10 league titles you win
In Germany - it’s a sliding scale of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 stars for 3, 5, 10, 20 and 30 titles

I don’t like either idea and prefer that we don’t do any of that in England.

Although, I do like how the league champions in Italy wear the Italian crest and the cup champions wear the air force rings. Not that I’d want to copy that or owt, that’s their thing.
I like that also and would look smart over hete

Manchester coat of Arms, not Trafford
It was indeed on the Manchester COA. But never originally.

It was awarded to the city of Manchester in 1958 because of the city’s origin links to Ancient Rome, and added to the mantling on the COA for a short period of time.

Just like they have the name ‘Manchester’ despite being in Trafford, they adopted that new feature from the Mcr COA just after the Munich Air Disaster and wore it on their 1958 FA Cup final kit because it was awarded to the city almost exactly at that time.

It soon disappeared from the Mcr COA (modern one here):
IMG_4051.png

But will always be associated with United in 1958. As seen as their fan groups have retaken it since we stopped using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.