Where was the CL star above our crest yesterday?

I always wanted to get rid of that thing and so glad we did.

The three stars were just bobbins, the yellow bird is United’s, Superbia In Proelio is a negative saying because Superbia means too much pride/arrogance before a fall, it doesn’t say ‘Manchester’ or ‘City’ anywhere…

Hated it!
You do surprise me...

I always wanted to get rid of that thing and so glad we did.

The three stars were just bobbins, the yellow bird is United’s, Superbia In Proelio is a negative saying because Superbia means too much pride/arrogance before a fall, it doesn’t say ‘Manchester’ or ‘City’ anywhere…

Hated it!

That awful old badge just represents everything about the dark days of City for me.

Changing it to time with Guardiola coming in was a brilliant bit of marketing.

IMO it should’ve been one of the first thing the owners did when they arrived in 2008 going back to the old round design.

only forest do it as they have fuck all else going for them.

It has never been a thing here though popular in Italy and bayern
In Italy and Germany, the stars are for an accumulation of league titles.

In Italy (and Holland, Sweden…) - you get a star for ever 10 league titles you win
In Germany - it’s a sliding scale of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 stars for 3, 5, 10, 20 and 30 titles

I don’t like either idea and prefer that we don’t do any of that in England. Especially when you think that in about 150 years’ time some clubs could have dozens of stars all over their kit because they’ve won so many league titles. It’s just better the way we don’t have them.

Although, I do like how the league champions in Italy wear the Italian crest and the cup champions wear the air force rings. Not that I’d want to copy that or owt, that’s their thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
only forest do it as they have fuck all else going for them.

It has never been a thing here though popular in Italy and bayern
The stars worn by German and Italian clubs represent domestic title wins. I think it’s one star per five titles in Germany and one per ten in Italy.
Nothing to do with CL wins.
Edit: Beaten to it by @Psychedelic Casual !!

Maybe something like this
Yeah, or just the current badge without the rose.

I also think it’s good we don’t have ‘Football Club’ or ‘FC’ on the current badge because than we can have the same badge for the women’s team then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.