where was you 10 years ago this sunday?

swede140 said:
Pissed off of sat at home watching the game because some F**king part time support "my so called Uncal" who never been to a game in his life took my tickit i was only 14 and i was going all sesson with his son who had a sesson tickit, he got 2 tickits and then faved his dad over me, I tryed everything to go even took my 23 stubs to the ground, as prof but they sold out. not spoke with them since the f**kers.

Similar thing happened to me! I didnt really have many City mates in my class at school and sixth form - i had just turned 17 ten years ago - and some family i didnt know too well down my road said someone they knew might be dropping out of going so i could go instead! on the friday morning they told my Mam that the family member wanted to go again! Now none of this family go to watch City and i can now afford my own seasoncard go all the time (still as much a City fan as i was as a 17 year old) but i was the one who missed out on Wembley! We had about 15 people round me Mam and Dads though and was actaully a good day!

This is what im thinking about this week as we could have been in the UEFA Final i think i would miss out again as im skint! think i need to do a few scratch cards n stuff so i can afford City more often!

I was there, stayed at a mates house in east london, on the way back the tubes was full of gillingham fans and a hand full of city fans, we started whistling the great escape and it truely was, look at notts forest, leeds, scary sheet!!!
Dark days..........
Chesterfield away, 1-1, lee crooks and the home supporters wearing man utd tops, probably my lowest ebb as a city fan...............................

jimmy grummble said:
Dark days..........
Chesterfield away, 1-1, lee crooks and the home supporters wearing man utd tops, probably my lowest ebb as a city fan...............................

yeah oldham 2-1 at home
wrexham 0-0 at home

and now people mone about us finshing 10th in prem with one of the best home records,

i take us now thank were we were 10 year ago any day

puts things in to prospective

got the first train down on the saturday, and the last "dry" haha train home on the sunday
off my t1ts all the time inbetween
didnt leave - but at one nil to them I went down from my seat as I couldnt bear to watch them go up at the whistle
so missed their 2nd, then both ours
watched extra time, and then had to go again as I cant watch pens
saw one goal out of the lot

had a full rerun on video the next weekend though

this must be the day were THOUSANDS of man city fans all went to the toilet together!!! when we were losing! and had the fucking nerve to come back and say sorry mate only been toilet!

i was 17 first trip to the shit hole.
sat there crying with my family! was the best footballing memory i have. what an amazing day!
had to get up at summit like 5 in the morning to get the coach at picadilly.

I was 23 but travelled down in the car with my Dad because I knew if I went with my mates my Dad would have to go on his own. I honestly hadn't even contemplated defeat but when Gillingham's second goal I just remember hearing my Dad say, "Shit" and I slumped in my seat head in hands. Never have I felt so empty at a City game. This was ten times worse than any relegations. There was a lad in front of me in front of me crying uncontrobally. I just felt numb.

When Horlock's goal went in I was unmoved. There was absolutely no point in celebrating becuase there was nothing to celebrate. We were in the Second Division for another season. It was no longer 'a laugh' - another season would ruin us. The crowds would drop and there was no guarantee that the new ground would be built now....

When that second goal went in, I have never, and will never feel the same way again unless I manage to survive a major disaster. Every single possible emotion was running through my body, disbelief, elation, relief...the one image I remember more than any is when I turned left to my Dad after realising that the ball HAD actually hit the net - he's a man of little emotion normally but the delight on his face was unbelievable and we both hugged each other before some hulk of a man I had never met before picked me up and twirled me around like a rag doll.

We will win something in my lifetime, of that I'm sure, but you won't be able to replicate that feeling. It's easy to look back now and presume we were always going to be in this position, not the wealth but an established Premiership club, but there was a time during that particular season when no-one could see us playing United in a league game, on a level footing, EVER again. That goal saved us from all manner of potential horrors and it's importance should never be played down or underestimated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.