where was you 10 years ago this sunday?

I was on a coach shitting myself all the way down! Without any help form Jack Daniel i think i would be finished. We were sat on the small teir that runs around the top of wembley about 8 seats from the gallager brothers! never had a feeling like it!!

11 years old. Had been season ticket holder from the age of 6 but this was the day city became a massive part of my life. Fantastic memory. I remember my united mates were not even nearly as excited about the treble as I was about wembley. Win or lose up the blues

I was at home in Bradford, was 13 at the time, went to the bulls game straight after in city kit, everyone giving me shit laughing saying hahaha you lost to gillingham, none of them believed me when I told them what had happened! One of the greatest days, wish I could have actually been there.

swede140 said:
Pissed off of sat at home watching the game because some F**king part time support "my so called Uncal" who never been to a game in his life took my tickit i was only 14 and i was going all sesson with his son who had a sesson tickit, he got 2 tickits and then faved his dad over me, I tryed everything to go even took my 23 stubs to the ground, as prof but they sold out. not spoke with them since the f**kers.

Tickets went on sale to people with about 5 stubs at one point.

12 years old. In the Gillingham end first half, then managed to sneak into the City end second half, right at the top of Wembley, stood next to two absolute giants of men. We didn't leave after their 2nd goal either. Unbelievable day.

Didsbury Dave said:
swede140 said:
Pissed off of sat at home watching the game because some F**king part time support "my so called Uncal" who never been to a game in his life took my tickit i was only 14 and i was going all sesson with his son who had a sesson tickit, he got 2 tickits and then faved his dad over me, I tryed everything to go even took my 23 stubs to the ground, as prof but they sold out. not spoke with them since the f**kers.

Tickets went on sale to people with about 5 stubs at one point.

i know i went down after i found out that i dint have a tickit, by then it was to late!!

m27 said:
I was 23 but travelled down in the car with my Dad because I knew if I went with my mates my Dad would have to go on his own. I honestly hadn't even contemplated defeat but when Gillingham's second goal I just remember hearing my Dad say, "Shit" and I slumped in my seat head in hands. Never have I felt so empty at a City game. This was ten times worse than any relegations. There was a lad in front of me in front of me crying uncontrobally. I just felt numb.

When Horlock's goal went in I was unmoved. There was absolutely no point in celebrating becuase there was nothing to celebrate. We were in the Second Division for another season. It was no longer 'a laugh' - another season would ruin us. The crowds would drop and there was no guarantee that the new ground would be built now....

When that second goal went in, I have never, and will never feel the same way again unless I manage to survive a major disaster. Every single possible emotion was running through my body, disbelief, elation, relief...the one image I remember more than any is when I turned left to my Dad after realising that the ball HAD actually hit the net - he's a man of little emotion normally but the delight on his face was unbelievable and we both hugged each other before some hulk of a man I had never met before picked me up and twirled me around like a rag doll.

We will win something in my lifetime, of that I'm sure, but you won't be able to replicate that feeling. It's easy to look back now and presume we were always going to be in this position, not the wealth but an established Premiership club, but there was a time during that particular season when no-one could see us playing United in a league game, on a level footing, EVER again. That goal saved us from all manner of potential horrors and it's importance should never be played down or underestimated.

That's a brilliant post and sums up how I felt too.

Football will never ever reach the depth of emotion it did that day...both despair and delight.

Joe Royle said after that City exorcised a lot of ghosts that day and it's true.

We ALWAY ALWAYS fucked it up at the moment of truth...until that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.