Where were you when we were s**t

kenny clements broke his leg at my first game, must have been around 76/77?
The worse occasion was driving to qpr to watch us get beat 0-4 and realising we were fukin shite, ditto 0-4 away at elm park reading. not many glory hunters about then!

Platt Lane stand block B row w seat 13 from 8 years old in 1976 when I got my season ticket as my birthday present and very year from then.

Wish I was there now, its the one thing I miss and its killing me.

Been there since Mar 1970,first s/t 77/78, always been always will-will be cheering em on in the next life too

Here's my connection to manchester.... none!

My dad named me after Colin Bell, even though he was a leeds fan, he always told me Bell scored the weekend I was born, turned out for whatever reason that was a rather bizzare lie. He took me to two games as a kid, Sheffield United and Leeds (circa 1982), never bothered to take me to Maine Road. He bought me the kits thought, my mum bought me the 1981 cup final programme so I could have it when I watched the game on the telly.

I endured years of watching lower league rubbish at Doncaster instead.

My first trip to Maine Road was on my own in 1987, aged 15. By chance it was the 10-1 Huddersfield game! Still remember the first view of Maine Road off the bus to this day.

That said after 40 years I'm still a blue and always will be.

I'm currently loving the fact my six year old is loving being a city fan, the moment we shared against QPR will live with me forever (and him too I hope!).

By the way he's never lived in Manchester either....

Welcome newcomers, ask them again in 25 years time why the love city and no doubt they'll talk about the same nonsense we do now!

Sure we'll get some hangers on for a while, some will fall by the wayside but some will be hooked forever, gotta give them the chance

cityvbury1998.jpg

Re: Where were you when we were shit

BlueHalli said:
Hmmm. Im sorry but I dont really understand this 'new fan' thing. I cant see how a grown adult would suddenly become a City fan!! What were they doin before hand??

Obviuosly, kids would maybe now jump ship or see us as a good option when 'choosing' a team. I just cant see how an a adult or even someone in their teens would think 'oh, I think Ill support City now'.

Our attendencies have gone up because we're now playin good football. I went when we were shit but even then I used to sometimes think 'Why the fook do I do it' Im sure loads got to the point where they thought 'I ent got the spare cash to watch that shit'. Its prob not a very good attitude to have but I can also understand why many might have gone down that road when you consider how expensive it is goin to game.

To answer that one am in my fortys and have always injoyed football at national level when the world cups and euros came along but never followed at club level then 4ish years ago started getting interested in City came a season card holder and love it come from out side manchester but make all home games and a few away when i can get the tickets as they are like rocking horse shit now / so think thats loyal in my eyes Hate the scum even as a kid and looked as city as the underdog which was a fight worth fighting hope this sheds some light on it as we are all in it together as the bluemoon rises Com-On-City

Always supported and followed City as a nipper, lost it a bit in the 80's and 90's due to ex husband etc not being into football at all. Got back into it when my Son said he thought he might start supporting Man U. Well I wouldn't allow that to happen so we both started back into it under Keegan when we went up. So I have been there through some of the shit, just not all of it though we were at Chesterfield at that cup match which was pretty grim. Son is a blue now who cried when Aguero scored the winner and he supported them as the only blue in his school through some pretty dismal times when some of his mates were Rags. In the worst times I'd tell him it was character building and I think it is x

Re: Where were you when we were shit

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
If they're not from Manchester or have a family connection to Manchester or to City, I'm sceptical. Sorry.

Im Japanese and was born in Peru to Congolese parents who were devil worshippers and used to sacrifice 4 gaots a day. They were killed by a mad angry dad goat on a cold Thursday morning

MCFC OK

The Future's Blue said:
I couldn't be arsed.
Nor me, I was there and that's all that matters to me.

These rags are pissing me off a bit though, they are bitter as fuck but are calling it banter.

Banter = The new bitter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.