Where were you when we were s**t

Re: Where were you when we were shit

North Stand M block for a lot of it.

Then random parts of COMS.

I've now lost interest as trophies and success are boring compared to the days of Eddie McGoldrick and Ged Brannan.

Hi guys, enjoy the end of the season? What twat wouldn't, haha...

Anyway, I was pretending to be a City fan when we were shit. I wore my scarf and hat, snuck into the odd game at Maine Road, but I didn't watch every game. Sure I knew the key events in our seasons, but I didn't know properly what was going on. I think my main role, at the time, was just to argue with Utd fans. (Utd fans who knew equally as little as me about football.) Being a City fan was, for me, a way of standing up to the banal sea of predictability and conformity. And Maine Road was 5 mins walk from where I lived.

It was once I'd played Pro Evolution Soccer and figured out what on earth a 'through ball' was that I started to see the beauty in football. Then I started to watch more football, and follow City, though not properly, just better than before... mind you, we were still shit for a while. Then our Thaksin came in and the rest just flowed like fine wine.

Sorry to say, old skool fans with your beer bellies and balding heads; Manchester City is set to become the new 'Evil Empire.' I don't mind, I'll happily admit to hypocrisy if it means we get 10-20 years of domination. I'll take the bent refs, the global fanbase, the spending other teams to death... I'll take all the trappings of a world-beating club.

So on that note; Welcome new fans, one and all

CTID

Can you be specific as to which time we were 'shit?'

Early 80's shit after Luton or mid 90's shit? Not forgetting the shit we endured under Pearce.

So many shits to choose from.

As I tell any Rag who asks, I didn't bother. I started going again once we signed Robinho.....made sense to me anyway. Come on, most of you done the same didn't you.

xenon_ said:
Hi guys, enjoy the end of the season? What twat wouldn't, haha...

Anyway, I was pretending to be a City fan when we were shit. I wore my scarf and hat, snuck into the odd game at Maine Road, but I didn't watch every game. Sure I knew the key events in our seasons, but I didn't know properly what was going on. I think my main role, at the time, was just to argue with Utd fans. (Utd fans who knew equally as little as me about football.) Being a City fan was, for me, a way of standing up to the banal sea of predictability and conformity. And Maine Road was 5 mins walk from where I lived.

It was once I'd played Pro Evolution Soccer and figured out what on earth a 'through ball' was that I started to see the beauty in football. Then I started to watch more football, and follow City, though not properly, just better than before... mind you, we were still shit for a while. Then our Thaksin came in and the rest just flowed like fine wine.

Sorry to say, old skool fans with your beer bellies and balding heads; Manchester City is set to become the new 'Evil Empire.' I don't mind, I'll happily admit to hypocrisy if it means we get 10-20 years of domination. I'll take the bent refs, the global fanbase, the spending other teams to death... I'll take all the trappings of a world-beating club.

So on that note; Welcome new fans, one and all

CTID

No need to get personal, not my fault I bald.

In answer to original question sat in upper kippax, before that stood on kippax and one season in platt lane.

This thread is bad, and you should be ashamed of it

No one was complaining when we saw a influx of new supporters who were chinese when we signed Sun Yia. In fact we even named a stand after them.

Wafty Cranker said:
I find it odd that fans of other teams sing to us "where were you when you were shit?".

The majority of us were there when we were shit.

I have bets with my lad about when away fans will sing it - I win if they sing it in the first 2 minutes, he wins if they don't sing it in the first five minutes, anything between 2 & 5 minutes is a draw.

Neither of us can remember a single game this season when the away team didn't sing it at all. Not that they're predictable, or anything.

I'm winning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.