Where were you when we were s**t

Re: Where were you when we were shit

1_barry_conlon said:
Can you be specific as to which time we were 'shit?'

Early 80's shit after Luton or mid 90's shit? Not forgetting the shit we endured under Pearce.

So many shits to choose from.
take your pick but stick on the times our attendeces were half that of what we get now .if we didnt get new fans from the 80s onwards our ground would be halfe empty now

Humlannitton said:
I was here in Skellefteå, Sweden, supporting my own shitty ice hockey team Skellefteå AIK.

At least you don't have to support Luleå.

Me, not being from the UK, back when we were shit I had to justify supporting City all the time, because everyone always asked me "WHY are you a CITY fan?". Now people pretty much assume, in a condescending way, that I used to be a Chelsea fan. That whole attitude is really the reason for my ironic username (though few get the joke) - I knew I would get slack since I signed up right after the takeover anyway. The reality is that during the takeover so much stuff happened, and this was the place to go to find information, and I just eventually signed up because I wanted to reply to something.

Truth is I've been a really vocal city fan for about seven years, back when we were REALLY shit and the most interesting thing on the pitch was Joey Barton...

Remember the season when we didn't score a goal at coms all spring? I'm not Manc or even English, but I was definitely there when we were shit.

I was a united fan for a time, then an arsenal fan and then a chelsea fan, but now Im a city fan

GO CITY ...................YAY

I was there when we were the ones singing "where were you when you were shit"

Slightly off topic, but what pisses me off is teams like Wolves, Stoke and even Newcastle (to name a few) singing where were you...

How fucking ironic is that? Before they originally got promoted to the Premier League their average attendances were piss poor compared to the numbers they get now while we averaged 28,261 in the 3rd tire of English football!

These are average attendance stats for the 1990-91 season for an example:

Newcastle - 16,834
Wolves - 15,837
Stoke - 11,565

So fuck 'em...

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
If they're not from Manchester or have a family connection to Manchester or to City, I'm sceptical. Sorry.

can't agree more. if you are not from manchester or from japan, you are not allowed to support city. you might even pay a fine if you do.

Attending my first game as a 5-year old at home v Wrexham, an event I've repeated on here fuck knows how many times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.