Which away grounds are the unfriendliest to visit?

Leeds is the worst I've ever experienced. As a 16 year old went with a few mates, all in our City shirts, the week after the Spurs FA Cup pitch invasion in '93. After the game we found ourselves waiting for a bus where all the Leeds lads were. Fucking nightmare, we were ordered to take our shirts off "you cheeky Manc bastards" or as the 40 year old meat head so charmingly put it "I'll rip it off your fucking back".

One bloke stood up for us saying that they should leave us alone cause we wrre only kids and that City were all right. My heart sank when I heard "they're not all right they're as bad as Man U"

The guy who stood up for us got a crack and eventually the police came to our rescue ushering us on to a bus.

Not a fan of Leeds to be honest, for non footballing reasons as well.

MimiVirus said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_gKMe0gt-o&feature=related[/youtube]

Anyone here who was there when this happend?

Proud of that are you mr raggedy man? Your mate mergarag put you on to this thread?

robsta said:
mergatroid said:
Thanks bud, the dates seem to show that it must have been much worse in the 70's/80's! Was the old Maine Rd a friendly place to visit back then or was it somewhere that away supporters didn't enjoy visiting?
A lot of away fans hated it and it was even suggested that just because it was in Moss Side it put a lot of them off. The terraced streets and alley ways was something that made Maine Rd and a few other grounds very intimidating. Didn't stop a few like Leeds, Chelsea, West Ham coming and having a go though.

I sometimes look back and think why did I risk going to some away games. I am not a hard nut and I think why did I risk it just to see a footy match. But you did at the time and it didn't seem that bad. But like some have mentioned, games at Liverpool and Everton in the early 80s you felt happy to get home unscathed.

Either of the scouse grounds around this time were a drag. That long walk from Lime St usually pissing with rain with the twats following and raining bricks and bottles while the bill kept you penned in moving at a snails pace. The night games were a mare. I even remember at one game at Anfield with kids of 13 or 14 running up the stairs armed with stanley knifes trying to have a go.

lloydie said:
MimiVirus said:

Proud of that are you mr raggedy man? Your mate mergarag put you on to this thread?

Nowt to be proud of if you're a red. They got chased out of the North Stand...

seen it kick off loads of times mostly with the police tho... one that stick in my mind was barnsley away was quiet then we walk round a corner near the market n was like a battle field my dad found a tenner in the middle of it all tho lol then in the ground there was horses in the stand. mental day, n wolves one time walkin to the ground it went off..

any of you older guys at forest 1969 after we won the game one nil, mike doyle winner? after the set too on the trent bridge it set off a catalogue of reprecusions that lasted years?

My Dad went home and away a lot as a young man in the mid-late 70's. He always says that Leeds was the worst he ever went to. One time, I think he said 76, he said he got a proper good pasting. He remembers the Leeds fans were all dressed like tramps and spotted him and his mates as they were dressed pretty cool. My Dad had on a Harrington jacket with smart blue pants and them shoes that have a pattern indented into them (can't remember the style name). He got seperated from his mates by a fence leaving the ground and was in the wrong side and got surrounded and battered. He had to stumble his way to hospital and was a bit of a mess.

lloydie said:
MimiVirus said:

Why should i be proud of that? Violence is for idiots . And who is mergarag,Mr rag-paranoia? I just saw this clip on youtube and was wondering if anyone here saw it with their own eyes.I am sorry that i asked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.