Which City signing excited you most?

powersleftfoot said:
Mick Channon :/

Channon for me as well. An England regular up to the time we signed him (he barely got another cap afterwards), and meant to be the final piece in the jigsaw as we looked to create a title-winning team (we'd just finished a single place and a single point off top spot). Didn't quite work, sadly.

Of the many managers we've had, the one whose arrival excited me was Howard Kendall. Though we were struggling in the league when he came, we'd just been promoted with a team centred round the highly rated crop of youngsters that won the Youth Cup in 1986. He was a manager with proven pedigree who'd won the title twice at Everton, and I was sure he'd lead us to a pot or two as well. Again, not how it turned out. :-/

Robinho was just so far fetched and definitely the most jaw dropping transfer by far. However, also perhaps the biggest disapointment. Don't seem to get carried away anymore.

Being somewhat older i have a different perspective.

Of course I was shocked and delighted at Robinho (although I have to say I thought he had always flattered at Madrid so was sceptical of what his impact would be).

For me there were 2 exciting signings.

Paul Stewart - I had read about him at Blackpool and when we signed him.....I was well chuffed, plus he turned out to be the real deal......

The other unbelievably was...... Lee Bradbury...... He was hot property. We got him. I watched his debut in a friendly away at burnley. He got a first half proper hat-trick (right, left, header). I thought we had the next Alan Shearer.........alas.........I was wrong.

Robinho, all season I read about this superstar joining Chelsea, remeber the night before Ireland was going to join Sunderland and Corluka had joined Spuds, woke up in the middle of the night stoned hoping Superman was staying, flicked up the mobile interweb and it said "City trump near neighbours United, Robinho joins Manchester City" before I clicked it I started screaming, then thought no its some sort of weed dream, clicked on it and it said we had bid for Torres, Berbatov and Tevez.Robinho would be a superstar in this team.Great player joined 2 year too early.

Next is Aguero, watched a lot of La Liga and knew we signed a superstar.Asked Ric to change my name as soon as he signed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.