Which game was the turning point

What game stands out to you as the most important of this season.

For me it was Newcastle, Kev coming back and that last minute Bob goal seemed to turn us around.

Crystal Palace, at home.

And that isn't a joke btw. The reminder of the fragility of it all, and a kick in the nuts needed to fuck a bit of lingering complacency off.

Impossible to pin a league season down to 1 game. Pivotal moments in this title win

1) Palace at Home 2-2 draw in December. That was the line in the sand game and the huge kick in the pants the playing staff needed. An unforgiveable result - akin to the draw at Forest in Feb 23 as a game we shouldve won by 3 or 4 but coughed up 2pts.

2) Newcastle Away 3-2 - KDB climbs off the bench at 2-1 down, and inspires the comeback sending a message to the rest of the league. Oscar Bobb scores a goal that will forever make him a household name to City fans

3) Sat 13th April/Sun 14th April
City 5 Luton 1
Liverpool 0 Palace 1
Arsenal 0 Villa 2
The title race is placed back in our hands with 6 games to go.

4) Spurs 0 City 2
Arsenal last hope is extinguished as Stefan Ortega makes the save of the season. Erling Haaland does the very thing he was brought in to do - score the goals in the huge game when needed most.

Well articulated. Couldn't have put it better myself. All those games are those that I think of off the top of my head. Although I'd prefer to forget Palace.

3 for me at a push. For some reason nobody was talking about us at all as if we were well and truly out of it, yet only a point behind. I couldn't get my head around it. Even some City fans had written us off. I found it quite disrespectful for all the achievements this group has accomplished in recent years. Finally a weekend we got to play first and we absolutely drubbed Luton. Dippers and Arse came to the realisation that we're actually right there in the mix and they had a full night to dwell on looking up at us in the table. AGAIN. Consequently they both choked on the Sunday and we remained there when the weekend had concluded.

Last edited:
Whisper it.. but going out of the CL has helped

We didn’t have the energy in the squad to play Bayern Munich twice and still win every game in the league

We may have ended up with neither
This. Too much to ask after last year I think and the fixture list could have done for us. I think going out the cl gave the players a reminder what disappointment feels like too and I don't think they like it - fingers crossed we bum the rags next weekend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.