Which game was the turning point

Was there ever a 'turning point'? I was always confident we would win it, even during our bad spell before Xmas I was always confident. If I was to pinpoint a moment where my confidence reahed it's peak would be the weekend the scousers and gooners got beat.

Arsenal home, they were playing better football, they were scoring more goals, the game was and yet they came only not to lose. That is when they actually lost the title.

Arsenal home, they were playing better football, they were scoring more goals, the game was and yet they came only not to lose. That is when they actually lost the title.

Agree as soon as City saw how shit scared the gooners were I knew than that City would catch them.

This game showed Artetas lack of confidence in his team to go at us. Even when we were weren't great and his team was flying, he bottled it :)

There were some fantastic performances throughout the season, but I've gone for a few that I thought were the most pivotal...

- United 0 City 3: We had lost to Arsenal a few games earlier. This performance and manner of the result reminded me of the treble winning season and I thought, we're not far off here.

- Newcastle 2 City 3: A really difficult game that we battled through. Return of the king, KDB giving everyone a huge lift with his goal and that incredible assist for Bobb's wonderful goal. We knew we would end the season well after that.

FA Cup Spurs 0 City 1: Despite this being a cup game, given our horrible record at their new ground it felt like an important moment to end the jinx and I think that helped us with the league game in the run-in.

City 0 Arsenal 0: As Rodri rightly said, seeing Arsenal come to our place for a cubical game in the run-in and play for a draw surprised me. Champions play to win games and I think everyone connected with City wondered if Arsenal had what it takes after this result. They had a chance to try and put us out of the race and instead chose a negative approach, gambling that they would pick up more points from their remaining fixtures. We know how that played out...

Spurs 0 City 2: This was the game in our final fixtures that felt like would be the decider. Given the FA Cup win earlier in the season, there was more optimism that we would get the job done, but it was a difficult game where we weren't at our best, but we battled well to secure the victory. The mark of true champions.

Honourable mentions for the Everton away win and the 4-4 with Chelsea. A crazy game, that ebbed and flowed. Thoroughly entertaining, but ultimately conceding late was a bit of a sickener!

Whisper it.. but going out of the CL has helped

We didn’t have the energy in the squad to play Bayern Munich twice and still win every game in the league

We may have ended up with neither

I disagree. We would have won both, and been on for a treble if we had scored the pens. Imo.

That's just my take of course. We will never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.