Which Signing are you most Excited About?

TonyM said:
itisrising said:
4) Fernandinho - Very good player but IMO no where near worth the £30M outlay we payed for him. He's a good player and from what I've seen in Ukraine and in pre-season he should be a decent acquisition. However, IMO there were so many players out there that I think represented better value. Fernandinho is a box to box midfielder as is Yaya so I'm left a little confused at what exactly will happen. I would have loved a player like Paulinho or Gustavo that can hold and unlike NDJ, has a great passing range and can offer you the odd goal here and there. While Fernandinho can, I don't think he is as good as the two mentioned in that role and costs more than both of their values. Good player but I think he will disappoint some.
I think the attraction towards Fernandinho above others was that we see him as a true leader once he's settled in. Also agents could have played a part for Paulinho and Gustavo might be hard to prize away. I'm forgetting the price, like I had to with Lescott. It's not fair to judge the player based off money IMO. Can't wait to see them all. :-)

17M for Paulinho is a bargain and Gustavo would go for much less and is now available. Hopefully he does do well though but I just don't see how Yaya and him will work together considering they're both box to box midfielders. He seems committed to the cause so hopefully he shines.

Yaya's role in the side really isn't "box to box midfielder", Yaya is the passer/deep lying playmaker. Fernandinho is the box to box player, and was a vital acquisition. Every side in modern day football needs that box to box player when using 4231, all the top sides have followed that trend. Yaya might spend a lot of time on the edge of the opponents area but that's because of the areas in which we control the game. Pirlo, Xavi etc are all exactly the same.

If I'm being honest I wasn't excited about Pellegrini and I'm not particularly excited by any of his signings.

wayne71 said:
If I'm being honest I wasn't excited about Pellegrini and I'm not particularly excited by any of his signings.

With support like this, who needs enemies.

Homer-Facepalm.jpg

NoahCity said:
Don't understand the hate for Fernandinho

Not sure about fellow blues.but rivals love to poke abt his price tag being so high. His preseason performance was convincing and i cant wait for the season to start so that he can justify his price tag and all his doubters can stop poking abt the 30mil ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.