Which striker was worst value for money?

Don't forget Jon Macken.
5m in 2002 was a lot of money for a 1 season wonder in the championship. Signed towards the end of our promotion season based on a goal against us from the half way line. Pointless purchase.
27 goals in 169 games at a lower level since he left us. Gash.

I always thought Macken was bought because of his uncanny resemblance to Moonchester.

Nice goal against United though.

Vuoso has turned into a very fine player in the Mexican league. From what I've seen of him however he never would have made it
in the Premier League. He needs too much time on the ball. Very skillful though.

Re: WHICH STRIKER WAS WORSE VALUE FOR MONEY??

NQT said:
mcfc78 said:
FOWLER ? 6 MILL
SAMARAS ? 6 MILL
BRADBURY ? 3 MILL
BIANCHI ? 8.5 MILL
BOJINOV ? 6 MILL,, STILL TIME TO PROVE
BELLAMY ? 14 MILL, STILL TIME TO PROVE
VASSELL ? 2.5 MILL
WANCHOPE? 4 MILL

Something wrong that you can't take the caps lock off?

To answer the question. Without doubt Bradbury, as we were totally skint at that time

I'd follow that with Samaras. Don't know what Pearce was thinking, unless he thought he was buying Huntelaar and got mixed up.

they really are some whinging fcukers on here

mcfc78 said:
FOWLER ? 6 MILL
SAMARAS ? 6 MILL
BRADBURY ? 3 MILL
BIANCHI ? 8.5 MILL
BOJINOV ? 6 MILL,, STILL TIME TO PROVE
BELLAMY ? 14 MILL, STILL TIME TO PROVE
VASSELL ? 2.5 MILL
WANCHOPE? 4 MILL

For where we were at the time Vassell was a great buy at 2.5 mill. It it was not for injury spell Wanchope was also good value for money and I feel we should have kept him for another couple of years.

Vuoso, have to agree with general consensus here, though out of the list Bradbury was worst. It was an incredible amount of money to shell out at the time and in the position we were in. Why is it Portsmouth always manage to offload their duds to us.

Got to be Jo, Fowler and I think Bellamy has the potential to be the worst given his age and injury record!
All the others metioned on here as well, what is it wirh City and strikers, I can only remember Quin, Rossler, Goater and maybe Anelka actually being any good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.