Whining about Mark Hughes thread.

Bluemoon115 said:
Cheesy said:
TFC said:
I honestly believe she started this thread because she was feeling argumentative and fancied a barney.

This thread will rumble on and on....shame on you Pam...

;) ;) ;P

You may be right :-)

What I really don't understand is the vitriol those of us who doubt MH receive from other fans. All we are doing is questioning his ability as manager on a bloody message board. If we keep that here rather than at the ground is that not OK?

We all have different opinions & I have no problem debating the merits of the manager with anyone who is at least willing to argue their points in a constructive manner. So, I think the accusations of us only being concerned about his past (when it doesn't get mentioned), that we're expecting too much (when all I've seen is people expecting progress), and that we're not proper Blues are, frankly, well out of order & if that's all people can come up with then it shows a weakness in their argument.

I agree, and I hope you'd see me as one in that constructive manner catagory (well, most of the time, we all have our drunk rants ;-P)

I do fella (inlcuding the drunken rants) ;-)

queenslandblue said:
Well If Chelsea are "Utterly Shit" for finishing second, God only knows what you think of City......

RAG!
Holy smokes, Batman! See thread above.[/quote]

SORRY! BEER GOGGLES!!!!!!!! ;)[/quote]
You Aussies and your crazy drinking ways ;o) I hope to be wearing the same goggles within an hour.

Cheesy said:
1.618034 said:
Just because no-one on this thread (apart from me) has mentioned it out loud, doesn't mean that it isn't at the root of the HOB's problem with him...

So you doubt his ability but you all want him to stay? Slightly contradictory don't you think...?

As the thread title suggests, you're just a bunch of whining, impatient morons!

If you were an Evertonian would you want rid of Moyes? How many trophies has he won?

Don't give a fcuk about his past. Do not accuse me of lying. (where have I stated that you lied? I believe that his past is a factor for a lot of HOB's. Fact.)

I doubt his ability certainly, but there is no point in getting rid of him at the moment. (so stop complaining and see where we are at the end of the season)

You're the one who sounds as though you're whining. I'm putting my opinion across. (I've put my opinion across on this subject many many times but it falls on deaf ears so now, you're right, I'm complaining about the same old shite! And that's my perogative.)

I'm no impatient. I just expected to see more progress than we have. (contradiction, again! He's been at the club for about 35 weeks!)

I couldn't give a fcuk about Everton or any other club tbh with you. (I'm a football fan so I am interested in other clubs even if I don't support them and Moyes situation at Everton has parallels with Hughes at City... Try answering the question!)

Having to resort to insults weakens your argument & displays a lack of ability to debate properly. (You said I was talking bollox.. An insult in my book so slight double standards and more contradiction)

if we were to make a list of four managers id want at this club.....id put hughes in there.....

if you ask me were lucky to have him.

Cheesy said:
I'm no impatient. I just expected to see more progress than we have.

sorry fella but what would you normally expect from 9 new signings, a new manager and a new level expectations in the first season incidentally??

Bluebeer said:
Cheesy said:

sorry fella but what would you normally expect from 9 new signings, a new manager and a new level expectations in the first season incidentally??

We were in exactly the same scenario at the beginning of last season & finished 9th with 55 points. With £80 million of talent added to that squad I would have expected more progress to be made than has been.

Soulboy said:
de niro said:
mammutly said:
My link is simply the current league table.

Anyway if you had bothered to read what all of what I wrote, you would have noted that I went on to say in the same post:

mammutly said:
I think we will get the points to stay up and will finish mid table. Not what was hoped, but not the total disaster it might have been

If anything is pathetic, it's you trying to make out that I somehow want City to get relegated, just to have a pop at Hughes, when that is clearly not what I am doing. The best I can say about it is that you missed the point, but really I just think you made up some stupid reason to have a pop at me. as I said, pathetic.
the difference between me and you is untill i read posts like yours our premiership safety never enters my head.
then again i'm a blue, and i want them to do well.

You're a Blue and you want them to do well?

So why the "our club was a disgrace and a laughing stock untill he arrived." comment?

Believe me, as a long-term Blue I have NEVER thought we were a disgrace.

And a laughing stock when he arrived? Have you forgotten our days in the 3rd. division? Halifax? Shrewsbury et al? I don't think when Hughes took charge we were a laughing stock... but I suppose fans see things different, don't they?

But I suppose if you think we're a laughing stock, maybe you should go and follow another team?

I also want City to do well. And I would never be ashamed of them, unlike too many on here.
ok try this.
our club have been run in a disgraceful way, training was a joke with disipline non exsistant.
we were a laughing stock due to ability to self destruct, i.e. boro 8-1.
as for halifax etc thats where we desreved to be at the time, just as we were in div 2 before mercer came.
if you have never been ashamed of city then you are a stronger man than me, i was ashamed when we lost 3-0 to forest only this season.
i was certainly ashamed when we sacked joe mercer.
love city of course but realism has to set in sometimes.

Cheesy said:
Bluebeer said:
Cheesy said:

We were in exactly the same scenario at the beginning of last season & finished 9th with 55 points. With £80 million of talent added to that squad I would have expected more progress to be made than has been.

But we did seem to get found out very quickley last season, and after a good run at the begining of the season, we needed new ideas, but Sven stuck with the same syatem week in week out, and the second half of last season was so frustrating.

Now many factors may will have contributed to this, but he was still being paid (a rather large amount), so should have done something to boost the playerrs.

Just my opinion, but I think we would have gone backwards this season under Sven.

Still love the guy though, and would give him a big hug if I ever saw him ;-P

Joycee Banercheck said:
queenslandblue said:
Well If Chelsea are "Utterly Shit" for finishing second, God only knows what you think of City......

RAG!
Holy smokes, Batman! See thread above.

SORRY! BEER GOGGLES!!!!!!!! ;)[/quote]
You Aussies and your crazy drinking ways ;o) I hope to be wearing the same goggles within an hour.[/quote]

Good On Ya! Have a few sherbet's for me. Enjoy the game!!!!!!!!!

moomba said:
blueju said:
Really, the biggest pile of shit written since all the drivel started at the time of the takeover. WTF do you know about top class management, buying and training players or picking a team at the top level to compete against another top team? Picking a team to play against European teams in big matches and the preparation for them?

If you know so much get a fucking job as an advisor to the Arabs, send em your cv today cos im sure they wont believe their luck when they open your e-mail.

It's a message board, I would have thought the ideal place for people to put across their opinions.

You obviously think otherwise.

True Moomba but im not trying to convince anyone what im saying is gospel. I just believe you are happy for us to tread the same shite ,embarrassing path we have been treading since the 80's with Swales.

Im not Hughes in or out, im just sick of the merry go round that is MCFC. I do know all the great managers, and average ones started somewhere. A combination of knowledge and a large slice of luck is what usually creates a great manager, but i feel City will never have a true great because of the impatience of City fans. As you know too, just because a manager does well at one club they dont automatically do anything elsewhere so banding this 'world class' tag around is a unwise and could come back to bite us right in the balls. All i read about on here is 'world class' this and that but i dread to think what would happen to City if we got a so called world class manager and he won fuck all in his first season. He would be hounded out by the 'fans' and where would that leave us? Im gutted i cant be at the grond on home match days but i also hope none of the negativity on here is felt by the club or the players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.