Who are your favourite foreign clubs?

Werder Bremen & HSV for the amazing match in UEFA Cup semis 08/09. Best game of football I've seen, from a neutral perspective. Both teams with so much attacking intent and skill.

HSV also have the relevance of Kompany, De Jong & Boateng coming to us.

KenTheLandlord said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
FC Barcelona I have a soft spot for because of the philosophy of the club, they play outstanding football and have had some of the best players to ever play the game. They just seem to be the perfect football club and something every team in the world should aspire to.

AC Milan are similar, used to love watching them as a kid but I went of them quite a bit after the whole Kaka saga. I seem to be looking out for Sampdoria these days.

Lazio and Roma are also very interesting when you see the fans passion for there clubs but I wouldn't say I care for either.

Atletico Madrid are very similar to City as someone said and always seem to play good football.

Sorry mate, i am going to have to disagree with you there, after the football bit. I think Barcelona are on par with Man United in many repsects.

They don't have a philosophy its a myth, it was the style of football Cruyff developed with Rinus Michels at Ajax in the 60s.

They are debt to the tune £400M propped up by La Caixa. They are very similar to Real in that they overloan from friendly banks.

Guardiola and much of the club is based on xenophobic attitudes. Anything non catalan is frowned upon. Which is surprising given that Espanyol were a catalan founded club unlike Barcelona.

There are many more instances of rewriting history but i aint going to fall out with you.

Catalunya és mes que un club.

RCDE: La força d’un sentiment
F€B: La força d’uns centimets.
I see where you're coming from mate and no doubt Barca have some dodgy aspects to their reputation, but the piece you mention about Cruyff is exactly what i'm talking about, in football terms I think every club should aspire to play that standard of football. Weather at Ajax or Barcelona.

You're spot on about the Catalonia aspect, it's the reason Yaya Toure now plays for City, he was over looked due to the fact Sergio Busquets is a Catalan, forcing him out of the club.

Real Mallorca, lovely little club, lovely little change of scenary once bored with the clubs of Magaluf, and some insanely loud fans to boot. Always look for their results.

I like Lazio too, basically because their fans are utter lunatics.

On a different note, I like Torino as I remember us having a bit of a comparison and affinity with them in the early 90's.

Pigeonho said:
Real Mallorca, lovely little club, lovely little change of scenary once bored with the clubs of Magaluf, and some insanely loud fans to boot. Always look for their results.

On a different note, I like Torino as I remember us having a bit of a comparison and affinity with them in the early 90's.

Not looking for an argument but these lunatics you talk of our basically facists, bordering on neo-nazi that run the club by use of scare tactics and fear

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pigeonho said:

Not looking for an argument but these lunatics you talk of our basically facists, bordering on neo-nazi that run the club by use of scare tactics and fear
I know, and whilst i'm not a neo-nazi or a facist myself, I found the documentary on them fascinating to say the least. I tried listing 3 contrasting reasons why I liked those 3 clubs. Mallorca - passionate fans
Lazio - mentalist fans
Torino - on a par with City in the early 90's.

Spain - At Madrid
Italy - Napoli
France - PSG

Of the three, PSG i would consider to be my second team because I live here, and because they're a bit of a comedy club...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.