Who as been the biggest let down at City?

jo for me over the past few years. The only worry re bobby was that he played jo at arsenal with aj on the bench staggered me that we got a nil nil with 10 men.
Alan Ball set us back 15 years as a club but onwards and forwards now boys,

My biggest let down has been the demise of SWP.Really want him to show his best form for us but deep down I cannot see it happening.The Cup Semi summed him up recently,it was great to see him beat his man every time but his crossing that day was shockingly bad,like it has been since his return.
I would love it if he proved me wrong though.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
peoffrey said:
Sven had been looking at players for a long time and only got the go ahead to sign them once the takeover had been ratified. We had a great start under him but the decline was shocking. I genuinely don't believe he had it in him to turn things around. I'd have kept Corluka only. Elano was class but doesn't want to play Club football.

He didnt even have the job when the players came back pre-season so exactly how long do you consider a "long time" ? If you recall the pre-season friendly that season(the one Silva scored in)most of the team had only been signed the day before....

Sven had made an agreement to take the job way before he was officially unveiled as Manager. It's possible to scout and watch players online before being able to sign them.

Has to be poor old Steve Daley. Still makes me sigh and shake my head when his name comes up.

Those saying Balo, Kola and Boateng need to wise up.
1 interrupted season in a new country is nowhere near enough to judge. Vinnie and Nige were not anything special in their first season and look at them now.

My picks would be

Mick Channon
Paul Futcher
Paul Moulden
Mattias Vuoso (Uruguayan, not Mexican IIRC)
RSC

Deepest Blue said:
1 interrupted season in a new country is nowhere near enough to judge. Vinnie and Nige were not anything special in their first season and look at them now.

My picks would be

Mick Channon
Paul Futcher
Paul Moulden
RSC

I liked Paul Moulden. He never got a chance under Machin but was on fire for a period then Machin fell out with him...as he did with Clive Allen?

blueju said:
Deepest Blue said:

My picks would be

Mick Channon
Paul Futcher
Paul Moulden
RSC

I liked Paul Moulden. He never got a chance under Machin but was on fire for a period then Machin fell out with him...as he did with Clive Allen?
It was Kendall and more so Reid that fell out with Allen, as for Moulden it wasn't like he really went anywhere else and lit up the game, I guess he was like so many of these female tennis players from the US that peak at 15 and are finished in their mid 20s. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he didn't last to 30 as a pro.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
blueju said:
Deepest Blue said:

My picks would be

Mick Channon
Paul Futcher
Paul Moulden
RSC

It was Kendall and more so Reid that fell out with Allen, as for Moulden it wasn't like he really went anywhere else and lit up the game, I guess he was like so many of these female tennis players from the US that peak at 15 and are finished in their mid 20s. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he didn't last to 30 as a pro.

Reid definitely had issues with Allen.
Anyone who selected Adrian Heath instead must have hated him with a passion.

Tevez City said:
Balotelli.

Good call, We've had loads of players whom have been awarded MOM in an FA Cup final.
10 Goals in about 20 starts in his first season in a new league in a new county at the age of 20.

You're right what a let down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.