Who can't afford to go anymore?

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
oakiecokie said:
Very fortunate in one way or another,due to my disabilty.If I had to rely on a bog standard wage/salary,then me and and my son would be looking at a maximum of 10 home games.
Its a catch 22 situation,and I guess I`m not the only person,but I`m on full disability,and my son receives a FREE ST,as my carer.
Please,I`m not here to take the piss,just lucky that my illness determines my/our circumstances.

Good to know your clearly an optimist and look for the positives in situations, fair play fella.

Been very fortunate over the past 48 years mate,having seen ther good,bad and the ugly side of City.
However as I said, just fortunate that since I had to finish work,my circumstances have meant that i am in a better financial situation plus a fortunate pension,but would still change my finances for a better quality of life.
But I know in my heart of hearts that I am more lucky than most.

Coming from Oxford it's really difficult for me, rising fuel cost's and me in our family only working and having to support a wife and 2 kids i try as much as i can to get there but it's very sparingly these days but things may change and soon i'll return (Desperate Too)

m7mcfc said:
Due to only being on a pension, not working or new additions to the household.

I feel for the pensioners who can only listen to GMR and watch MOTD. Not calling GMR but it cant be the same for them old fellas who went every week and those days have now passed them bye.

Might have passed some by! South Stand is teeming wi' pensioners! I meet the odd one or two in CBL3, as well! Life blood of the club!

oakiecokie said:
Very fortunate in one way or another,due to my disabilty.If I had to rely on a bog standard wage/salary,then me and and my son would be looking at a maximum of 10 home games.
Its a catch 22 situation,and I guess I`m not the only person,but I`m on full disability,and my son receives a FREE ST,as my carer.
Please,I`m not here to take the piss,just lucky that my illness determines my/our circumstances.

Wish my wife could get there ! I've had to stop work to be her carer, and with two kids we have zero spare cash. Can't even afford to take the kids on one day out this summer. It'l be the park or nothing.

I used to go to all the games :'(

Thanks to the fantastic members of the Eccles OSC branch who paid for my season card for the new season i wiil be going...... after 30 years supporting the blues and only me working with a young family i would have had to give up this season.

Watching our pennies at the mo having just bought a new build & having got married recently so although I've renewed my season ticket I've had to go Gold rather than pay the extra £50 & go Platinum. It was that or I lost my ticket this year, but in reality the difference doesn't seem to gain me much other than the Manc mag online which I never read & double points. Which is great but that many others have Platinum anyway your double points mean you only ever stand still. If I can't get away tickets then I'll go through a supporters club.

SWP's back said:
Alwaysbeablue said:
SWP's back said:
Not really when you compoare the difference in the quality of the "experience" is it.

If you cant afford to go there is no 'experience' - and watching that joker Alan Shearer on MOTD is no compensation - will never forgive him for his stupid comment about Balo!
You can watch every game for free online or in the pub which you couldnt do it the 60's (not that we ever sold out back then either).

Either way, £11 is fuck all for watching the Champions in a modern, quality stadium. It's cheaper than watching Morecambe ffs.

im sorry but it really annoys me people quote prices like 11 quid it may be when you divide up the cost of a season ticket, but your not -you have to pay 500 quid upfront for a ticket, which a lot of people cant afford. If it was 11 quid every game everyone would be able to go.

I guess it depends on how you much you have to spend on travel as well if you live away from the ground. I am lucky in that I travel on the Eccles Branch Supporters bus and that and my ticket and programme is all I spend at home matches.

In my humble opinion (& as a pensioner I have seen it from both sides) it is harder for people with young children, mortgages, council tax and all the extra expenses associated with that than for pensioners. We have cheap tickets, if we travel public transport we have free passes and therefore if we live in Greater Manchester it can be cheaper for us.

sorry.

Its not just the season card though. I renewed at £630 which was a struggle to find to be honest, and with me living in Scotland, I have to find travel costs as well which on the train are going through the roof.

This may be my last season if I cant make enough games due to ongoing travelling and matchday expenses.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Don't drink,Don't smoke..

City is my passion therefore I make sure I can afford to go.

It's all about choices...

You're dead right mate,if only every arsehole rag took your direction,where i work thats their complaint etc can't afford to go there ,yet they'll all go and gamble everyday and spunk £50 to £100 on piss on a night out yet bemoan their ticket prices,you've got your priorities right unlike them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.