Who could replace Mancini ?

Mancini isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future and hence nobody is replacing him. Not sure if any available managers would do a much better job than him anyway.

I am confident Mancini will win trophies here. GO MANCINI!

Tevez City said:
With 350 Million, I can put a team that wins you the title and compete with Barcelona for the Champions League, instead of competing with Tottenham for forth place and losing at the end.

1- Do you guys know that Madrid sold Robben, Sneijder and VDV for 48 Millions only !
2- Bayern Munich sold Lucio to Inter Milan for 8 Million when we spent 24 Million on Lescott !

so why don't you?

Tevez City said:
With 350 Million, I can put a team that wins you the title and compete with Barcelona for the Champions League, instead of competing with Tottenham for forth place and losing at the end.

1- Do you guys know that Madrid sold Robben, Sneijder and VDV for 48 Millions only !
2- Bayern Munich sold Lucio to Inter Milan for 8 Million when we spent 24 Million on Lescott !

Then why not call up City, instead of boasting about it to people who don't care (and don't believe you)?

ANY1aBLUE said:
20sbc07 said:
No one.
Mancini is doing fine, I'd give him another season. He just needs to realise the problems in our side and fix them in the summer with someone like pastore.

No, Mancini is not doing 'fine'. For pitty's sake - why wont anyone admit it, the guy doesnt know what he's doing! I said it last Season and will continue to say it; He's bought badly, managed badly, tactically inept, too defensive, and has a fool (Platt) as an assistant.
Why give him another Season? What on earth will change? He's had 300m to spend and we are currently 11 points behind the worst United team in 30 years.
What you going to do - give him another 300m?
We pay a lot of money to travel and watch 20mins max of City actually playing football - the rest is turgid crap where they just dont seem bothered. Say what you like about United, but at least they look like they'll die for the cause each and every time they pull the shirt on - whilst we have; Barry,Boeteng,Toure,Balotelli etc who loll around the pitch doing bugger all.
I for one am damn angry. This was supposed to be the new dawn etc - well its still night time where I sit.........................

Look at the season as a whole: 3rd in the Premier league, Favourites to win the Europa league and still in the FA cup... still people moan.
Not bad for a club that hasn't won anything for 34years is it? Mancini's record speaks for its self, he won trophies at every club he's managed.

Several points to make on this beaut of a thread;

1. Mancini does know what he's doing. That's why he has 3 Serie A's and 3 Coppa Italias to his name whilst your sat at home posting on Bluemoon.
2. Not all Italian managers play the same game as Mancini. Mancini actually plays a game more reminiscent of the Dutch than the Italians.
3. Nationality doesn't mean anything as far as football style is concerned. Look at the difference between Benitez and Guardiola.
4. Rijkaard is currently on the dole, after utterly failing with Galatasary. His successes at Barca are now seen by most as down to the wealth of talent in front of him rather than any particularly able management.
5. Mancini has spent less money than Ramos did at Spurs and Redknapp has done. Also less than Ancelotti IIRC. He hasn't spent £300m, nowhere near it, he hasn't even spent half of that. You seem to be lumping in Hughes' spending with Mancini's which is more than a little unfair.
6. The prices of players are different at different periods and for different clubs. They are incomparable

Tevez City said:

I totally agree we should bin the manager who paid £24m for Lescott...

Yeah, the calls for Rijkaard are hilarious. He did a good job at Barca, granted, but Barca have an outstanding academy and scouting system in place. When he moved to Galatasaray, he was found out and did an appalling job.

I want Mancini to stay badly because another overhaul could set us back yet again.

If he had to go though, the owners would look at Mourinho. I'd prefer Andre Villas-Boas, Mourinho's pupil and much less arrogant, personally, but that is idealism and we'd never appoint someone so unproven even if he is clearly one of the world's best managers in the making.

There really aren't many upgrades on Mancini. Mourinho might grind out the results more effectively, but BM would be in regular meltdown about our frequent negative tactics. Guardiola seems to be a very good manager but he has just signed an extension and again, will he be the same outside of Barca?

After that you're looking at Pellegrini, Van Gaal (look at Bayern's domestic season and some of his embarrassing antics like dropping his underpants in front of his players to "prove a point"), Deschamps, or even Jurgen Klopp who is likely to be hot property after this season but would never leave Borussia with them heading into the Champions League next season.

Tevez City said:

Did Mancini sign Lescott then? Fucking hell that must have passed me by.

Damocles said:
Several points to make on this beaut of a thread;

1. Mancini does know what he's doing. That's why he has 3 Serie A's and 3 Coppa Italias to his name whilst your sat at home posting on Bluemoon.
2. Not all Italian managers play the same game as Mancini. Mancini actually plays a game more reminiscent of the Dutch than the Italians.
3. Nationality doesn't mean anything as far as football style is concerned. Look at the difference between Benitez and Guardiola.
4. Rijkaard is currently on the dole, after utterly failing with Galatasary. His successes at Barca are now seen by most as down to the wealth of talent in front of him rather than any particularly able management.
5. Mancini has spent less money than Ramos did at Spurs and Redknapp has done. Also less than Ancelotti IIRC. He hasn't spent £300m, nowhere near it, he hasn't even spent half of that. You seem to be lumping in Hughes' spending with Mancini's which is more than a little unfair.
6. The prices of players are different at different periods and for different clubs. They are incomparable

you and I both know that your (frequent) words of rationality are like pearls before swine on here at times - but I admire you for them nevertheless

;o)

- and what fun would a football forum be if it weren't for the opinions and senseless postings that often result, and throw up a lot of laughs in the process?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.