Who is best option to play in Fernandinho's position?

I'll agree about Zab, but not Vinny, not that he played there that much.

Anyway the point is, he's a great CB, so leave him where he's at his best.
He seemed to have what looked like cling film or Something similar around his leg,haven’t a baldy if it’s anything to do with his injury..sorry mate was meant to be replying to your other post on up about Fernandinho’s injury ..

I think we should give Zinchenko a run out in the pivot
Who knows, he could make the position his own long term and save us a wad of money.
A midfielder with similar build to dhino. Reads the game well. Closes down space well. I think he is nearest we have although a little inexperienced
Interesting shout for Zinchenko, but I think he's still too naive and inexperienced to fulfill such a demanding role as 'Dinho's. I think either Danillo or stones there for Thursday game.

Vinnie (if fit) can do it, Danilo was signed as a utility player and Gundogan was signed as someone with excellent tackling, dribbling and passing stats.

The only player in the current squad to do a similar job to Dinho is SuperKev , it will sacrifice his forward play but , KDB is strong,aggressive and similar to Dinho reads situations , it could mean Bernardo or Gundogan get an extended run in the team as well , there is still plenty of creativity with Merlin and maybe Foden will get games. Need Dinho back for the Derby game and Champs league quarter finals , he's essential in the tougher more physical games like the Rags.

I would have said Danilo or Delph... I understand why some are saying Delph but I actually think we have a better team balance(between attack and defence) with Delph at left back over Danilo, so Danilo as DM.

Failing that though since Delph is suspended and Zinchenko would be too much of a risk defensively(at left back) against Arsenal and Chelsea, I wouldn't mind seeing Stones there or Laporte. Both of them have the engine, ball control and the passing that lend well to the role... positionally is another matter, I can't recall I've seen either of them played out of position but if anyone can prepare a player for it, it's Pep. They both seem to have good footballing brains with good positional awareness on a good day, I haven't seen a lot of Laporte yet but it was clear from his first City game he has the edge in his long range passing, so maybe I'd lean towards him.

KDB would be a good shout if he isn't asked to do the defending job Dinho sometimes has to do against tougher opposition, I wouldn't play him there against Arsenal or Chelsea personally(same with Gundo or Zinchenko), in case they are on it.

Last edited:
Kevin Debryune!

No player can replace Fernandinho but the best player in the league ( KDB) ?

I thought its easy to replace Dinho.

Replacing Dinho with KDB is like letting Messi replace Busquets

ofcourse KDB will do well but we need him upfront more.

No player can replace Fernandinho but the best player in the league ( KDB) ?

I thought its easy to replace Dinho.

Replacing Dinho with KDB is like letting Messi replace Busquets

ofcourse KDB will do well but we need him upfront more.
Yup. I think playing him there has us at our best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.