Who is best option to play in Fernandinho's position?

In my most humble of opinion, John Stones would make a fantastic defensive midfielder. He's so comfortable on the ball, got pace to burn, great passer and he likes a tackle. Also, them occasional slip ups he does would not be so catastrophic if he wasn't last line of defence.

We don't have anybody to do what fern does currently. He dominates in the air. Intercepts. Joins in. Absolute beast of a player.

The best option we have available to go in there is stones.

In my most humble of opinion, John Stones would make a fantastic defensive midfielder. He's so comfortable on the ball, got pace to burn, great passer and he likes a tackle. Also, them occasional slip ups he does would not be so catastrophic if he wasn't last line of defence.[/QUOTE

impeccable logic. The only caveat is that there is a lot of intuition needed to make a Ferno replacement, eyes-in-the-back-of-your-head kind of thing. You have to know where team-mates are almost all the time, not easy when you have to keep track of the oppo as well. It's a crucial role that very few excel at, whether JS could be one, I have no idea.

In my most humble of opinion, John Stones would make a fantastic defensive midfielder. He's so comfortable on the ball, got pace to burn, great passer and he likes a tackle. Also, them occasional slip ups he does would not be so catastrophic if he wasn't last line of defence.

I fully expected that to be his position when we signed him.

I think we should give Zinchenko a run out in the pivot
Who knows, he could make the position his own long term and save us a wad of money.
A midfielder with similar build to dhino. Reads the game well. Closes down space well. I think he is nearest we have although a little inexperienced

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.