Who is best option to play in Fernandinho's position?

Go on then I'll bite. Could you explain 'on recent performances ' ?

Burnley away, Wigan away, Wembley. His decision making has been poor and his ball retention is indifferent. It’s key to our system that we don’t give the ball away cheaply and he does. I thought he was brilliant at Dortmund and there were positive signs last year but since he came back this year he’s struggled for fitness and I honestly think he’s been a weak link. I thought he was really poor yesterday. All about opinions. I wouldn’t play him as the deepest lying midfielder he makes too many errors at the moment.

Vs Arsenal KDB.

Vs Chelsea unsure.

Last thing we should do is put a centre-back there imo.

A long shot would be Vinny. That was his position for a time, and he looks like he's getting stronger and fitter.
Too many short intense sprints for him these days, he's not physically capable of playing there.

Burnley away, Wigan away, Wembley. His decision making has been poor and his ball retention is indifferent. It’s key to our system that we don’t give the ball away cheaply and he does. I thought he was brilliant at Dortmund and there were positive signs last year but since he came back this year he’s struggled for fitness and I honestly think he’s been a weak link. I thought he was really poor yesterday. All about opinions. I wouldn’t play him as the deepest lying midfielder he makes too many errors at the moment.
That's a fair comment mate. I think if he comes deep he's comfortable both laying a one touch pass off or turning and finding someone. In my opinion I think he links play up well and if you look at yesterday, Wigan and Burnley as a collective we wasn't on top of our game, sloppy passing and miscontrol of the ball but like I said to another poster he's still kind of playing catch up to everyone.
But like you say it's all opinions, if we had the same take on things it'd be boring.

How about just playing KDB and Silva deeper? Gundogan or B. Silva ahead of them. Sterling and Sane out wide.

Even though we assume that Fernandinho is a 'Holding Pivot', in all seriousness when the opposition have so little of the ball and are so reticent to get at us quickly for fear of counter attack, you could probably play just about anyone there.

When I try to think of where the ball is turned over, it's seldom with Fernandinho as the opposition approach our last 3rd.

Based on physique, game reading and passing ability the closest we have is Otamendi, and therefore I would play him in front of Kompany and Laporte.

KDB-looked easy for him there yesterday. Danilo could play there if pushed. Yaya a run out against Basel and then Delph to add to the depth.

Not 3 centre backs and not Gundogan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.