Who is best option to play in Fernandinho's position?

KDB seems the obvious choice but I think Danilo is well worth a try. Played very well yesterday but looks far more comfortable on the right or central the few times he's played there

Burnley away, Wigan away, Wembley. His decision making has been poor and his ball retention is indifferent. It’s key to our system that we don’t give the ball away cheaply and he does. I thought he was brilliant at Dortmund and there were positive signs last year but since he came back this year he’s struggled for fitness and I honestly think he’s been a weak link. I thought he was really poor yesterday. All about opinions. I wouldn’t play him as the deepest lying midfielder he makes too many errors at the moment.
Started poorly, but to be fair he did step up to the plate later on, when asked to take on added responsibility, once Ferna went off.

Last edited:
Tbh it matters not who plays there on Thursday vs the yellow bellied arsenal.
It will be either Stones or Kompany in the middle with the other in CD.
Don’t really mind who it is as long as they give that little turd Wilshere a good going over!

Playing KDB instead of Fern in 4-1-4-1 would extremely limit his freedom of movement, I don't see it happening.

Yaya, ha ha sit down, probably play kdb there as he has before would be nice to see if one of our ball playing centre backs could do a job there.

Certainly not Gundo.

Doesn't convince me long-term. Adds very little from what I see, whether down to his injuries or this league.

Can be very lazy at times and that has come as the biggest shock.

He has had a handful of good games when I was expecting him to be consistently the best midfielder in the league.

Same as yesterday.

Ilkay with Kev next to him in a 4-2-3-1.

This is the right answer. We were brilliant in this shape yesterday in the 2nd half.

I don't think Gundogan is up to playing deep on his own at the minute, and playing KDB deep on his own takes away too much of his game. Playing them both with Silva in front is the obvious solution.

This is the right answer. We were brilliant in this shape yesterday in the 2nd half.

I don't think Gundogan is up to playing deep on his own at the minute, and playing KDB deep on his own takes away too much of his game. Playing them both with Silva in front is the obvious solution.
Totally agree, that is as good as we have played recently after Fernandhino went off, isn't he 1 away from a suspension now ?

Totally agree, that is as good as we have played recently after Fernandhino went off, isn't he 1 away from a suspension now ?

You could be right mate, not too sure.

I think for the 433 to work, we have to have Sterling and Sané available. We need their width, pace and directness as it opens space for Silva and DeBruyne to dominate the game.

But with them both not being available at the same time for a while, and Silva being in and out, we've not quite looked the same team for me.

With Fernandinho out, we need to find a different solution as no one else in the squad can do what he does in my opinion.

Hopefully our first choice front 6 will be available for the CL Quarter Finals and beyond because I genuinely believe we're a match for anyone with those 6 playing.

But for the next few weeks while Fern isn't available, we're going to have to just muddle through and get results in however we can I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.