Who is bigger in Manchester? City or Utd?

worsleyweb said:
Stoned Rose said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Amazing how split things were even in Manchester - as a kid I never even knew about the Catholic primary schools and despite living all primary school and a few years of secondary school barely knew any kids from St carbs or Barlow etc. wastnt like my family had amy issue my mum taught in many catholic primary schools in Manchester .

The kids from St Carbs were all proper fat fucks.

That will have been all that Irish stew

Irish stew is pretty nice ,to be fair.

Overall the rags have the larger number of "fans" due to 25 years of success , we have more "supporters" and always will have , just one match going blue amounts to more than a hundred dead head armchair plastic rag c*nts.

Remember at maine Road all the rags would go up, in varoius sections if they scored, one good thing about modern football, tighter security and reduced allocations mean all those rags are now sat at home or in the boozer. Manchester half and half I reckon

only imo,but I think in the 5o plus age group,its 60/40 city,younger than that 60/40 rags,we had 35 years of nothing while they swept all before them we lost a whole generation,of fans understandable really the religion factor is an intresting one ,growing up in rusholme/moss side in the 60s most of the irish familys I knew were blue, of course location played a part ,but as it was the biggest irish area in Manchester at the time I think its significant,any way its testerment to a magnificent,fan base that half this city stood proud and blue through all those dark years,merry Christmas to all blues out there

gordondaviesmoustache said:
It's around 50/50 imo.

I walk down Market Street twice a day and it's 50/50 from shirts, hats etc.

There's no real pattern some days it's totally one sided but it's always 50/50 over a week.

I am often in Stretford and Urmston on Saturdays and Sundays and you will see more Blues than reds. I think this is more to do with is Blues being proud to have followed our Club through the fallow years and are happier to be seen wearing our colours in the shopping centres and parks etc.

No doubt an anonymised telephone survey would find more rags than Blues in these areas - but I am talking about real fans!

I live in glorious Wythenshawe and it's around 50/50 in total, some areas more blue than others.

I'd say on the whole from about 1997-2007 during our decline and the rag's greatest era, and obviously with younger people naturally latching on to their success, it was about 60/40 on the whole (Manchester) in their favour, since Shinawatra and then Sheikh Mansour showed up at our place the playing fields have levelled out, with it now being like it always traditionally has been again.

I'd expect in 10 years time it could look completely different in our favour however.

Mankymeat FC said:
I lived in Didsbury for 24 years and I can't remember anyone from Beaver road? School lane and Fog lane was completely dominated by St Caths and Barlow. The church, the social club, the parrs wood hotel. The first incarnation of the St Caths league football team wore the United away kit. I know coz I played for them! I can only remember 1 city fan who lived on my road. He went to Broad oak.
I went to Broad Oak in the 90s and can remember most being blues (I suppose memory works that way). My mam and her 2 brothers lived on Cavendish Road (West Dids) and were both blues as were there group of friends. From living round there most of my life I'd say Withington/Didsbury is a huge blue area which comes as no surprise with Maine Road being so close.

My guess is we have a fair percentage of fans that live outside of Manchester mainly because so many leave before the end of the game. I would imagine they need to get out of the stadium fairly quickly so that they can get going on their various long journeys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.