Who is bigger in Manchester? City or Utd?

United have more fans in manchester and the surrounding areas but a bigger proportion of city fans are local. If anyone seriously thinks that we have more fans in manchester than them then they are wrong. However our fans are more likely to go to the matches regularly and be more passionate towards the cause.

davymcfc said:
United have more fans in manchester and the surrounding areas but a bigger proportion of city fans are local. If anyone seriously thinks that we have more fans in manchester than them then they are wrong. However our fans are more likely to go to the matches regularly and be more passionate towards the cause.

We don't know and neither do you!

This is ultimately an arid willy-waving contest

I don't give a flying fook whether one club has more 'fans' than the other..

What do we mean by 'fan' / 'supporter' etc, etc ??

What I do know is that the above question is answered when a club is really under the cosh...... how do the fans react ?......................

We have a joke on here about 'York away'.... by weird coincidence I was teenager in York when 'ManU' [TM} were in the second tier in 1974... (I was 16 at the time)

Their 'fans/supporters' ran rampage through York..

Let's ignore the usual pissing in the streets , howling abuse etc...

They picked on what were clearly non football fans... smashed shop windows in the city centre..and then kicked off again at Bootham Crescent

Most York folk were left with a grim impression of a set of arrogant sh'itbags who needed to work out their sense of entitlement on our community

Not really relevant but..Whenever Manchester City and Manchester muppet have fought for the title,toe to toe, to the death,
Manchester City have always won.

maybe not relevant today, but just saying.

As you were...

ped said:
only imo,but I think in the 5o plus age group,its 60/40 city,younger than that 60/40 rags,we had 35 years of nothing while they swept all before them we lost a whole generation,of fans understandable really the religion factor is an intresting one ,growing up in rusholme/moss side in the 60s most of the irish familys I knew were blue, of course location played a part ,but as it was the biggest irish area in Manchester at the time I think its significant,any way its testerment to a magnificent,fan base that half this city stood proud and blue through all those dark years,merry Christmas to all blues out there

Top post. Love the last bit ! Merry Xmas everyone!

i'm a blue and everyday i thank my lucky stars. all this empty seats and washed out parade shit doesn't interest me. its following your team through thick and thin that counts.

davymcfc said:
Outside of Manchester, down South, Ireland, London, I know we don't even come close. They are a national and international club with millions of supporters, but in Manchester it's very different.

I'll never forget FA Cup semi-final day at Wembley when City fans poured out of Manchester. For miles and miles around Manchester the motorways and service stations were a sea of City and you only saw Utd fans in any numbers South of Birmingham.

Marvin said:
davymcfc said:
Outside of Manchester, down South, Ireland, London, I know we don't even come close. They are a national and international club with millions of supporters, but in Manchester it's very different.

I'll never forget FA Cup semi-final day at Wembley when City fans poured out of Manchester. For miles and miles around Manchester the motorways and service stations were a sea of City and you only saw Utd fans in any numbers South of Birmingham.

we noticed that. didn't a rag anywhere till watford.

de niro said:
Marvin said:
davymcfc said:

I was incarcerated in London some years ago and one Saturday afternoon the Cockneys started booting their cell doors. I asked what's that about? News had filtered through United had just scored.

"Support a local club you Cockney cnuts" I shouted. "Fack Off you Manc cant" was the reply.

I asked one of these Cockney reds one day, why United? When you have so many clubs in London. He told me the Cockney reds grew from when Salford docks closed and dockers went down south in search of work at London docks and they were not going to start supporting a London team were they.

He said his Fathers side of the family were from Davyhulme, Urmston.

de niro said:
i'm a blue and everyday i thank my lucky stars. all this empty seats and washed out parade shit doesn't interest me. its following your team through thick and thin that counts.

Exactly right. I didn't give a toss when I was one of only 20000 odd Blues turning up at Maine Road in the dark days of the late '80's, and I couldn't give a fuck if there's a few hundred empties now. Nor have I ever cared that we've got more fans than Villa or Southampton or even in the old days, Chelsea. The only people that do care are the inadequate retards down at Old Nafford, for whom being the bestest and the biggestest compensates for a whole raft of personality associated shortcomings. Plus now of course, it's pretty much all they've got

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.