Who Needs shifting ?

MSP said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
MSP said:
United made loads of success signing and developing players like Rodwell is, they have bought several of players in his range in last 2-3 years too so they are certainly not the best example to use when doubting Rodwell signing.

Jones, Smalling, Saha are all parts of that policy and I'm glad City are doing the same. Some such signings might and will be fails but those that won't secure you 10 years service from a player instead of buying A class players each 2 years while ridding of those who weren't Messi's in 2 years.

People who are expecting City to sign A players only are going to be disappointed after each transfer period and luckily they are not in charge to do their own way as they would harm City, not even knowing it.

Rodwell is C/D Class at the moment, you look at Barca/Real/Bayern and tell me they don't have A/B class in every position and a couple on the bench.

Bayern and Barca are European giants for decades and have been able to attract most quality kids from their countries and all over the world for decades and are regularly developing them to become classy finished products.

And don't forget, we're 15 points behind club with very few A class players and lost miserably from one with even less of them yesterday ;)

You don't need to have 25 A class players to be top club but you have to be able to make your group of players better as team than they are individually. Something that managers like baconface, Klopp, Conte etc.. are being able and Mancini not.

Rodwell is good player and can without problems play regularly at City and he won't ever become class A player at City if he's going to be sold after one season. And when he becomes, he'd cost 25-30 millions and not 10-12 what City paid for him.

You might not like this but what you are suggesting, what policy you'd like City to take in the future is a catalog example of plastic club who is just going around and buy flavors of the moment just to replace them withnew ones year or two later.

Don't care about that in the way bitter moaners from Arsenal or rags do but I find it as an awful way to develop the club and it's business for the future and would hate if City would become that in longer period though it had to be like that in this first period.

If you're going to buy 25 millions players each 2-3 years for some position than you're doomed soon or later, probably soon, and you'll be able to attract nobody as nobody would want to join the club he's going to be shifted from next season if not being A class as soon as landed.

Even Chelsea who are prototype of such club is turning more and more to young, not completely finished products. They pay chelsea tax just as City are paying City tax so they're not buying cheap but at least they are buying for long period and that's the only way to be successful on the pitch. Managing stability doesn't mean a lot but playing one means everything.

Can't wait to see City attracting new Rodwells, Ox-Chamberlains, Zahas etc.. who would form a strong club and squad mixed with top finished products.

I'm not suggesting every 2-3 years we rebuy a squad, I think one big overhaul is needed to take us clearly to the top of the English game and into major contenders in Europe. I don't want 25 A class players, what we need is until the academy can produce top quality players then we need to keep investing in the first team, one proper overhaul will suffice us for the next 5 years and give the academy a chance to develop without pressure.

I don't want to see us develop the next Rodwell's, Ox's etc. as they're not good enough, what I want to see is our own superstar and players of the calibre of a Barca/Bayern/Real team being brought through, that should be our ambition not decent players.

Also not every A/B player costs £25m, our scouting team is there to ensure we scout out players maybe under the radar who are B class who can develop into A class that would supplement 3/4 world class signings that will really push us into the next phase of development. We need to bite back after a thorougly lacklustre pre-season and season and really show we mean business. Ferran and Txiki need to show they are the best in the business and really cut the mustard.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
MSP said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Rodwell is C/D Class at the moment, you look at Barca/Real/Bayern and tell me they don't have A/B class in every position and a couple on the bench.

Bayern and Barca are European giants for decades and have been able to attract most quality kids from their countries and all over the world for decades and are regularly developing them to become classy finished products.

And don't forget, we're 15 points behind club with very few A class players and lost miserably from one with even less of them yesterday ;)

You don't need to have 25 A class players to be top club but you have to be able to make your group of players better as team than they are individually. Something that managers like baconface, Klopp, Conte etc.. are being able and Mancini not.

Rodwell is good player and can without problems play regularly at City and he won't ever become class A player at City if he's going to be sold after one season. And when he becomes, he'd cost 25-30 millions and not 10-12 what City paid for him.

You might not like this but what you are suggesting, what policy you'd like City to take in the future is a catalog example of plastic club who is just going around and buy flavors of the moment just to replace them withnew ones year or two later.

Don't care about that in the way bitter moaners from Arsenal or rags do but I find it as an awful way to develop the club and it's business for the future and would hate if City would become that in longer period though it had to be like that in this first period.

If you're going to buy 25 millions players each 2-3 years for some position than you're doomed soon or later, probably soon, and you'll be able to attract nobody as nobody would want to join the club he's going to be shifted from next season if not being A class as soon as landed.

Even Chelsea who are prototype of such club is turning more and more to young, not completely finished products. They pay chelsea tax just as City are paying City tax so they're not buying cheap but at least they are buying for long period and that's the only way to be successful on the pitch. Managing stability doesn't mean a lot but playing one means everything.

Can't wait to see City attracting new Rodwells, Ox-Chamberlains, Zahas etc.. who would form a strong club and squad mixed with top finished products.

I'm not suggesting every 2-3 years we rebuy a squad, I think one big overhaul is needed to take us clearly to the top of the English game and into major contenders in Europe. I don't want 25 A class players, what we need is until the academy can produce top quality players then we need to keep investing in the first team, one proper overhaul will suffice us for the next 5 years and give the academy a chance to develop without pressure.

I don't want to see us develop the next Rodwell's, Ox's etc. as they're not good enough, what I want to see is our own superstar and players of the calibre of a Barca/Bayern/Real team being brought through, that should be our ambition not decent players.

Also not every A/B player costs £25m, our scouting team is there to ensure we scout out players maybe under the radar who are B class who can develop into A class that would supplement 3/4 world class signings that will really push us into the next phase of development. We need to bite back after a thorougly lacklustre pre-season and season and really show we mean business. Ferran and Txiki need to show they are the best in the business and really cut the mustard.
You rather see our players get injured, or "staying crooked"!

Nasri if we get a decent offer
Garcia if we can get an offer
Dzeko if we get a decent offer or part exchange
Kolorov if we get a decent offer
Lescott
Sinclair
Maicon
Pants- feel we need a better number 2, serious competition to keep joe on his toes.
RSC out of contract
Bridge out of contract
Tevez if we get a decent offer, better than nothing next season
K Toure- Be a good squad member but high salary means cant pay that for a squad player

In
No idea but a world class finisher would be nice, someone who would actually take one of the many chances we create.
Pace and mobility in midfield
Better coaches. Ie Set peice coach, finishing coach

Hertsblue...who do you think we can get as a better number 2 than Pantilimon?
Bear in mind they will exclusively be used as a cup goalkeeper unless of an injury.

Just lol at bringing in more coaches as well. A coach just to do set pieces? and finishing? This isn't football manager.
Our coaches are fine, we broke records last year for scoring and creating now all of a sudden mainly because of injuries and inconsistency on the players side we need to overhaul the staff.

Don't think we need this radical overhaul everyone is talking about. Priority has to be a new wide attacker - quick, direct, goal threat. Bale the obvious; as an alternative, I'd look at Robben.

That one signing would transform us.

Other signings would depend on outgoings. Kolo out, new young centre half in. If Tevez or Dzeko goes, then new striker. Kolarov perhaps out, new young LB?

Barry has to go. Its clear he is getting worse.
He has become a liability on the pitch, and is reliant upon yaya far to much.

He got his winners medal now he can fade off into mediocrity. Where he will cause no more damage in europe and Against half decent oposition.

J3SUS said:

He got his winners medal now he can fade off into mediocrity. Where he will cause no more damage in europe and Against half decent oposition.

You sound cross with Barry

J3SUS said:

Could not agree more. I used to love the guy, but its clear that is legs are going by the day, and his quality is having a positive coralation.

garcia
kolorov
maicon
bridge
rsc

all should be definitely sold

i think Kolo will leave but id be happy for him to sign a new contract.

id sell dzeko if we can guarantee getting a top class replacement

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.