Who Needs shifting ?

United made loads of success signing and developing players like Rodwell is, they have bought several of players in his range in last 2-3 years too so they are certainly not the best example to use when doubting Rodwell signing.

Jones, Smalling, Saha are all parts of that policy and I'm glad City are doing the same. Some such signings might and will be fails but those that won't secure you 10 years service from a player instead of buying A class players each 2 years while ridding of those who weren't good as Messi in 2 years.

People who are expecting City to sign A players only are going to be disappointed after each transfer period and luckily they are not in charge to do their own way as they would harm City, not even knowing it.

Shocked is the best word I'd use after reading that anyone would want to sell Rodwell this summer unless medical department would find out that his injuries problems are not something that could be solved.

MSP said:
United made loads of success signing and developing players like Rodwell is, they have bought several of players in his range in last 2-3 years too so they are certainly not the best example to use when doubting Rodwell signing.

Jones, Smalling, Saha are all parts of that policy and I'm glad City are doing the same. Some such signings might and will be fails but those that won't secure you 10 years service from a player instead of buying A class players each 2 years while ridding of those who weren't Messi's in 2 years.

People who are expecting City to sign A players only are going to be disappointed after each transfer period and luckily they are not in charge to do their own way as they would harm City, not even knowing it.

Rodwell is C/D Class at the moment, you look at Barca/Real/Bayern and tell me they don't have A/B class in every position and a couple on the bench.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
mgreenz97 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
in no way, unless running about a lot off the ball is deemed a key part of football, is Jack Rodwell fantastic.

He's young and English and tries which has built up this crescendo of hype especially because deep down we all know how inadequate our midfield is and therefore it's reaching Michael Johnson proportions(who at least when fit could pass, tackle, dribble and score). The only traits he shares with the aforementioned MJ is the love of the treatment table.

Jack Rodwell may, if he gets a hamstring transplant end up a decent, squad player, as cover. James Milner offers more as a CM and he gets shifted out to the right wing.

I think that Rodwell's performance against Chelsea showed how good he was.
When/If he sorts our these injuries he'll be better (IMO) than Milner.

he gave away stupid fouls, missed 4 simple chances in the 6 yard box or around that area and largely passed it sideways.

His biggest skill so far, and fair enough to him, is that unlike many of our other players he will make an effort and run into space and draw players with him creating space.

When he starts putting those other aspects in his game and even beginning to deliver on the massive hype that's suddenly engulfed him then I'll start to give him the credit he'll deserve. At the moment I haven't seen anything other than the very briefest glimpse in either his Everton days or with us that suggests a) he's good enough to be a regular here and b) that we don't need 2 or 3 additions to our squad for the centre of the midfield, additions that will take us back to winning the league and challenging in Europe with precise, class skills, technique, ability and other traits Jack doesn't offer us.

He comes across as a nice lad and he does work hard, and it's not his fault but I can't help but look at him and Garcia and go "signing you two and not A-list targets is a major contributor to why we're not challenging for the title and out of Europe". United get away with a weaker central midfield than the top European sides because they employ fast, skillful wingers, they play a different style. We play a passing game and don't have the players in the centre of the park to make it work, Rodwell isn't that kind of player or at least as yet has not shown any sign of being such. As a player to bring on or to use in a game where the centre of the park is tight or the opposition play deep and we need a worker to create space then he'll probably be a good shout, but until he proves otherwise I just don't see him or Garcia as good enough to be in our central midfield, not with the ambition we're meant to have as a football club.

To be honest out of the list I gave given contract length, performances, effort etc. he's the only one who I think anyone could honestly say you could debate leaving the club. I just think he's too injury prone and even if he does have in him what we need and does have that ability to step up 2/3 levels I just think his injuries will keep niggling him and I don't think he's a special enough talent as he hasn't shown at Everton or here that he's anything other than decent, the odds certainly aren't in his favour and I don't think he can be relied upon, and if we added the required quality and strength to our midfield where would he even fit, I think he would just end up another Sinclair and don't see where he would feature.

I think that you could put up a reasonable argument for Sinclair, Tevez and Kolo.

Kolo has earned a new contract, but only if he's prepared to take a big pay cut (which I suspect he would because no other team would pay him what he's paid now, and he wouldn't get to play with his brother at another club).

Tevez probably won't want to sign a new contract, but I'd definitely be happy if he did. He's been our best player recently. But maybe on such a high wage it'd be best for him to move on.

Sinclair hasn't really been given enough of a chance. Hopefully he'll get a few more chance now that the title race is 100% over.

mgreenz97 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
mgreenz97 said:
I think that Rodwell's performance against Chelsea showed how good he was.
When/If he sorts our these injuries he'll be better (IMO) than Milner.

he gave away stupid fouls, missed 4 simple chances in the 6 yard box or around that area and largely passed it sideways.

His biggest skill so far, and fair enough to him, is that unlike many of our other players he will make an effort and run into space and draw players with him creating space.

When he starts putting those other aspects in his game and even beginning to deliver on the massive hype that's suddenly engulfed him then I'll start to give him the credit he'll deserve. At the moment I haven't seen anything other than the very briefest glimpse in either his Everton days or with us that suggests a) he's good enough to be a regular here and b) that we don't need 2 or 3 additions to our squad for the centre of the midfield, additions that will take us back to winning the league and challenging in Europe with precise, class skills, technique, ability and other traits Jack doesn't offer us.

He comes across as a nice lad and he does work hard, and it's not his fault but I can't help but look at him and Garcia and go "signing you two and not A-list targets is a major contributor to why we're not challenging for the title and out of Europe". United get away with a weaker central midfield than the top European sides because they employ fast, skillful wingers, they play a different style. We play a passing game and don't have the players in the centre of the park to make it work, Rodwell isn't that kind of player or at least as yet has not shown any sign of being such. As a player to bring on or to use in a game where the centre of the park is tight or the opposition play deep and we need a worker to create space then he'll probably be a good shout, but until he proves otherwise I just don't see him or Garcia as good enough to be in our central midfield, not with the ambition we're meant to have as a football club.

To be honest out of the list I gave given contract length, performances, effort etc. he's the only one who I think anyone could honestly say you could debate leaving the club. I just think he's too injury prone and even if he does have in him what we need and does have that ability to step up 2/3 levels I just think his injuries will keep niggling him and I don't think he's a special enough talent as he hasn't shown at Everton or here that he's anything other than decent, the odds certainly aren't in his favour and I don't think he can be relied upon, and if we added the required quality and strength to our midfield where would he even fit, I think he would just end up another Sinclair and don't see where he would feature.

I think that you could put up a reasonable argument for Sinclair, Tevez and Kolo.

Kolo has earned a new contract, but only if he's prepared to take a big pay cut (which I suspect he would because no other team would pay him what he's paid now, and he wouldn't get to play with his brother at another club).

Tevez probably won't want to sign a new contract, but I'd definitely be happy if he did. He's been our best player recently. But maybe on such a high wage it'd be best for him to move on.

Sinclair hasn't really been given enough of a chance. Hopefully he'll get a few more chance now that the title race is 100% over.

Kolo would be delaying the inevitable release and would be extra wages that could go towards a younger player who could do the same job and turn into a better player with more long-term value.

Tevez won't get any better from this point, seems to want to move on at some point and we won't get as much of a market value(if any) after this summer so sometimes you have to cash in and go for a younger, top quality striker who's ambitious with less baggage, more of a team player and will find the net regularly.

Sinclair does not have the technical ability or composure to be a Man City player and thankfully Mancini has recognised this. Waste of a signing, wages and a squad place.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
MSP said:

Jones, Smalling, Saha are all parts of that policy and I'm glad City are doing the same. Some such signings might and will be fails but those that won't secure you 10 years service from a player instead of buying A class players each 2 years while ridding of those who weren't Messi's in 2 years.

Rodwell is C/D Class at the moment, you look at Barca/Real/Bayern and tell me they don't have A/B class in every position and a couple on the bench.

Bayern and Barca are European giants for decades and have been able to attract most quality kids from their countries and all over the world for decades and are regularly developing them to become classy finished products.

And don't forget, we're 15 points behind club with very few A class players and lost miserably from one with even less of them yesterday ;)

You don't need to have 25 A class players to be top club but you have to be able to make your group of players better as team than they are individually. Something that managers like baconface, Klopp, Conte etc.. are being able and Mancini not.

Rodwell is good player and can without problems play regularly at City and he won't ever become class A player at City if he's going to be sold after one season. And when he becomes, he'd cost 25-30 millions and not 10-12 what City paid for him.

You might not like this but what you are suggesting, what policy you'd like City to take in the future is a catalog example of plastic club who is just going around and buy flavors of the moment just to replace them withnew ones year or two later.

Don't care about that in the way bitter moaners from Arsenal or rags do but I find it as an awful way to develop the club and it's business for the future and would hate if City would become that in longer period though it had to be like that in this first period.

If you're going to buy 25 millions players each 2-3 years for some position than you're doomed soon or later, probably soon, and you'll be able to attract nobody as nobody would want to join the club he's going to be shifted from next season if not being A class as soon as landed.

Even Chelsea who are prototype of such club is turning more and more to young, not completely finished products. They pay chelsea tax just as City are paying City tax so they're not buying cheap but at least they are buying for long period and that's the only way to be successful on the pitch. Managing stability doesn't mean a lot but playing one means everything.

Can't wait to see City attracting new Rodwells, Ox-Chamberlains, Zahas etc.. who would form a strong club and squad mixed with top finished products.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
MSP said:

Bayern have Robben and Ribery as A class

Muller, Kroos & Shaqiri as B class.

The total cost of their attacking midfielders are less than City's.

Gaudinho's car said:
I'd sell, Kolarov, Lescott, Barry, Garcia, Sinclair, Nasri, Tevez, Dzeko and release Kolo, Bridge & RSC

Add Maicon and it's the perfect list. Although, probably not all of these will happen...

BlueCityfan said:
Gaudinho's car said:
I'd sell, Kolarov, Lescott, Barry, Garcia, Sinclair, Nasri, Tevez, Dzeko and release Kolo, Bridge & RSC

Add Maicon and it's the perfect list. Although, probably not all of these will happen...

That list would bring in 100 million or so itself, and about 30 million off the annual wage bill.....Lovely jubbly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.