Who now then?...

Stones could do it in his sleep.

I am constantly wanting to see him take a risk and push out of central defence at times, when we need to break the lines.

He is a fabulous technical talent and no player should ever have his back to the play as far as I am concerned.

Stones could do it in his sleep.

I am constantly wanting to see him take a risk and push out of central defence at times, when we need to break the lines.

He is a fabulous technical talent and no player should ever have his back to the play as far as I am concerned.

We can see how it goes, as this season players are still eligible to play Champions League football having already featured in the competition?

Think Stones could do it, I have since we bought him. I also think Laporte has a very similar skill set to Stones and could do it too.

btw I'm not saying Stonesy couldn't play in midfield, I just think long term he will be a world class centre back for us.

Also, they were just off my head,

Milinkovic-Savić (near impossible)
Frenkie De Jong
Remo Frueler .
Leandro Pared
Leander Dendoncker
Stefano Sturaro
Dani Parejo
Piotr Zielinski
Oriol Romeu
Rodrigo Bentacur
Lorenzo Pellegrini
Óliver Torres

All I'm saying, there are a shit load of left-field choices
I hear you. :)

We didn’t need to do big business, Mahrez was the main man we wanted and we got him so jobs a good ‘un in that respect but to not address the holding misfield role is disappointing. I understand the circumstances with Jorginho fucking us over but it was the key area that needed addressing and we put all our eggs into one basket and paid the price. Now we’re going into the season with no legitimate cover and Fernandinho will not be able to play every key game. if we go into a key champions league game with stones/Luiz/zinchenko to choose from in the DM role we’re going to struggle. I think Pep will be banking on us walking the league again so he can use Fernandinho sparingly.

Ah well, as long as there are no injuries or suspensions to dinho we should be fine. Surely that would leave money for the January window if required?

All of our centre backs can play in midfield.
It depends who there playing against. If up against a team parking the bus. Yes the lot of them would fill there boots knocking balls into feet .If it's against a tottenham, liverpool, crystal palace even at home or Everton away with there tails up, not a fuckin chance. There's a world of difference when you have time and can see the picture unfolding before you. It's a different picture when you got Son, firminio or Sanchez dropping deep, pressing you like fuck and speed of thought in tight spaces is required. I can see oneoor two being able to dropp into the dm position during the course of a game to shore things up and or for certain fixtures but up against the top teams they would be exposed. The fact that the narrative has moved from a deep lying playmaker to now slotting in a ball playing defender tells me how badly city have handled this. Not the failure to sign jorghinio that was beyond their control. It's the messaging and briefing to the media. Its been adhoc and confusing to the point that its difficult to decipher what the fuck city want to do with this position. I cant remember a time when I have ever criticised City. I am usually the one of the fans who can get blinkered to accepting city have fucked up. But this is different. I would rather city say jack shit about what there intentions are rather than confusing the fans about what it is they want to do with this role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.