Who now then?...

I bought into the Jorginho hype, based on regular watchers of Serie A.

Having seen him three times against us now, I fail to see he was up to the standard we need.

Might be Napoli or Serie A standard, even for Pep, but not for me.

We need someone with physicality, intensity and technique.

Delph has all that, sadly the fitness issues have held back his career.

For me, he could again be a shock standout for us in rotation with Fernandinho.
This is my only concern about City and their recruitment at times. Jorghinio was never going to cut it based on what you have stated. Given the vulnerabilities were/are quite clear, why on earth did we spend all that time chasing the fella. Worse still its not a one off as prior to Jorghinio we spent a lot of time chasing Fred. If jorghinio was not gonna cut it due to a lack of the qualities you've mentioned above, Fred from what I've seen of his size and game was also was not going to be suited to the dm role in are team. I love the club to bits but City in respect of recruitment in this role aren't making any fucking sense at all.

This is my only concern about City and their recruitment at times. Jorghinio was never going to cut it based on what you have stated. Given the vulnerabilities were/are quite clear, why on earth did we spend all that time chasing the fella. Worse still its not a one off as prior to Jorghinio we spent a lot of time chasing Fred. If jorghinio was not gonna cut it due to a lack of the qualities you've mentioned above, Fred from what I've seen of his size and game was also was not going to be suited to the dm role in are team. I love the club to bits but City in respect of recruitment in this role aren't making any fucking sense at all.
Unless of course Pep and Txiki, are better judges of players than Tolmie, or anyone on here, could that be possible. Especially in a position Pep knows better than any other manager in the game.

Unless of course Pep and Txiki, are better judges of players than Tolmie, or anyone on here, could that be possible. Especially in a position Pep knows better than any other manager in the game.
There not gods. Even the best can get it wrong, Fergie, Jose, the lot of them. The pursuit of players with obvious deficiencies is worthy being mentioned. Particularly when tixi/ city fucked up a few years back bloating the team with mediocrity like javia garcia, Scott sinclair and Jack Rodwell. Saddling the club with big contracts, blocking the pathways of academy players and or superior players city could have recruited. So no. Sorry, I love pep but none of this feels right. I think we are actually lucky as fuck that fern was at the club before pep signed because on the strength of the players pep has been looking to fill ferns role, pep would never in a million years signed fern, who for me as been the lynchpin of are success.

I bought into the Jorginho hype, based on regular watchers of Serie A.

Having seen him three times against us now, I fail to see he was up to the standard we need.

Might be Napoli or Serie A standard, even for Pep, but not for me.

We need someone with physicality, intensity and technique.

Delph has all that, sadly the fitness issues have held back his career.

For me, he could again be a shock standout for us in rotation with Fernandinho.

I really wanted him, especially after some of his passes for Napoli vs us (although we did flatten him afterwards) but I did think he might end up playing in another position than Fernandinho's, once in the Prem.

But having watched how easily Pep took him apart, & not only that but we thrived by pressing the receivers of his passes, I feel like I've just got out of a huge car crash, after driving pissed, & nobody was injured & there are no police around.

There not gods. Even the best can get it wrong, Fergie, Jose, the lot of them. The pursuit of players with obvious deficiencies is worthy being mentioned. Particularly when tixi/ city fucked up a few years back bloating the team with mediocrity like javia garcia, Scott sinclair and Jack Rodwell. Saddling the club with big contracts, blocking the pathways of academy players and or superior players city could have recruited. So no. Sorry, I love pep but none of this feels right. I think we are actually lucky as fuck that fern was at the club before pep signed because on the strength of the players pep has been looking to fill ferns role, pep would never in a million years signed fern, who for me as been the lynchpin of are success.

Not disagreeing with your point, but that summer you refer to had nothing to do with Txiki - he joined the club on 28th October 2012, well after that clusterfuck of a transfer window had shut.

Blame City, blame Ferran Soriano, blame Marwood - but you can't reasonably pin that window on Txiki.

If Fabian Delph can play full back all season I for one have no worries he could play DM as could kompany he started life in midfield. Also stones , fern we have options.

I'm just happy we are not just spending money for moneys sake in building squad depth.

We need players who will be first team or at least putting pressure on the first team.

No more Rodwell, Garcia, Fernando, Sinclair etc

Course they can get it wrong, they can miss judge a player, but in this position Pep has moved players to it that no one has even contemplated and made a success of it, and even if he were to sign the wrong player to think you or me could spot it first and see it coming is just silly.IIRC Txiki didn't sign Rodwell, Garcia nor Sinclair, could be wrong with that. and certainly a long way from this.
I love the club to bits but City in respect of recruitment in this role aren't making any fucking sense at all.

We are also as lucky as duck that they signed KDB, Stones, Ederson, Jesus, Walker , Bernardo, Laporte, Sane......All at costs which seem bargains. TO suggest that they may be doing a poor job of recruitment is not right.

Fernandinho could easily play in a number of roles, as can a number of our midfield players. We are so so lucky to have Pep, so so lucky.-;)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.