Who now then?...

I bought into the Jorginho hype, based on regular watchers of Serie A.

Having seen him three times against us now, I fail to see he was up to the standard we need.

Might be Napoli or Serie A standard, even for Pep, but not for me.

We need someone with physicality, intensity and technique.

Delph has all that, sadly the fitness issues have held back his career.

For me, he could again be a shock standout for us in rotation with Fernandinho.

On a positive note, this might mean we will field more of our academy players. If Gundogan drops to DM, that could give Foden or eventually Diaz more chances. If Stones is used as a DM, we could maybe see Eric Garcia in cup games etc.
We won nearly every big game with Gundogan at DM I don't know why people act like we'd be better off signing some average player over going with a quality player we know works there. Still leaves Kev, Dave, Bernardo, Foden and even Mahrez to play ahead of him in midfield.

Stones fits too, he's obviously not a dominant commanding centre back he's a deep play maker, the likes of Busquets, Jorginho, Xabi Alonso are more comparable than Kompany, Ota, Ramos, Koulibaly types.

I bought into the Jorginho hype, based on regular watchers of Serie A.

Having seen him three times against us now, I fail to see he was up to the standard we need.

Might be Napoli or Serie A standard, even for Pep, but not for me.

We need someone with physicality, intensity and technique.

Delph has all that, sadly the fitness issues have held back his career.

For me, he could again be a shock standout for us in rotation with Fernandinho.

Delph doesn't have the technique, he's improved a lot but is no where near the level needed to excel in that single pivot role IMO.

Delph doesn't have the technique, he's improved a lot but is no where near the level needed to excel in that single pivot role IMO.

Given the array of DMs fans have suggested this window, it's abundantly clear that finding a player with every attribute Pep wants for his pivot is either impossible as that player doesn't exist, or prohibitively expensive.

The best way around that may be to use a player that had most of the attributes but needs training to improve others. No reason Delph is any different from any of the 20+ names mentioned in that regard.

I think (and hope) that Delph could surprise us again. He has the physical attributes required and training everyday with Pep means he will be in no doubt of what the role requires. Perhaps we'll see him try it in a lesser game - I'm betting he'll be a success.

We are still trying. Pep isn't lying, he is just managing expectations.

City have repeatedly rubbished off the record Kovacic and Pjanic.

Money isn't the issue, it is the manager's clear definitions.

That's good to hear mate....Hopefully we find the right deal before the window shuts. Kovacic on loan for a season seemed like the perfect deal for us but if Pep doesn't agree, who are we to argue!;)

I get we could try Delph or Stones in that role but I'd much prefer to keep Delph as No1 backup option at Fullback instead of moving him round and Stones looked like the world class CB we all knew he was, in the world cup...Potentially he could be the clubs best CB for years to come, moving him between DM and CM seems like a risk we don't need to take..

The squad is by far the best in the prem in almost every area, it would be a shame to head into the season with this as our only question mark...Don't think I've seen so many DM/CM's move in one transfer window before and just alittle surprised we've got to the last day and still not found one....fingers crossed Txiki working those phones as we speak!

cheers for the info!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.