Who now then?...

I think Delph will end up taking this job perfectly. He can prove everyone wrong again.
I might be wrong, but did Delph not briefly play in that position for England and did rather well. Cant remember if it was world cup proper or run-up. I'm sure he could do it. He is fast enough, physical enough and his passing range is pretty good. He has already shown what a versatile footballer he is.

I might be wrong, but did Delph not briefly play in that position for England and did rather well. Cant remember if it was world cup proper or run-up. I'm sure he could do it. He is fast enough, physical enough and his passing range is pretty good. He has already shown what a versatile footballer he is.
Yes he did

I think we have enough options to allow us to rest Fernandinho every now and then. You said Delph already, in no particular order there is also Gündogan, Zinchenko (provided he is not sold), Danilo, Douglas Luiz (if he gets the work permit), Claudio Gomes, and John Stones who could play there. I think we will be fine, as long as Fernandinho does not get a long term injury. I can't really decide whether I like the fact that we will develop our own DM instead of buying a new one, or not.

I think we have enough options to allow us to rest Fernandinho every now and then. You said Delph already, in no particular order there is also Gündogan, Zinchenko (provided he is not sold), Danilo, Douglas Luiz (if he gets the work permit), Claudio Gomes, and John Stones who could play there. I think we will be fine, as long as Fernandinho does not get a long term injury. I can't really decide whether I like the fact that we will develop our own DM instead of buying a new one, or not.
This season will tell us. Realistically, none of the above will get the game time at DM to become world class. We will need to replace Fern within a couple of seasons so my guess is the hunt will continue with one or two of your list being developed in parallel.

This season will tell us. Realistically, none of the above will get the game time at DM to become world class. We will need to replace Fern within a couple of seasons so my guess is the hunt will continue with one or two of your list being developed in parallel.
My wording was poor. I also think we will buy a new DM at the latest next summer. Instead of developing our own DM, I should have written using the existing squad for the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.