Who should replace Riyad Mahrez?

As long as we have KDB and Bernardo and Alvarez and now Kovacic, I guess there is not much space for Foden to play in midfield. Plus consider Rico and Mcatee, who will also play in midfield.

So if there is the player, that's definitely Phil..

In this game he was fantastic and unfortunately soon after this game, he had his operation..

But Phil has all the skills to replace Mahrez.

Not only would mahrez offer 10 goals and 10 assists each season, elite ball retention and an incredible first touch he also never got injured. I honestly can’t think of 1 game he missed through injury. He will be so hard to replace, I genuinely think some posters took him for granted because he appeared lazy to them.

Of the academy prospects palmer is the obvious replacement but he can never stay fit. We need to sign a winger imo

I really like Felix from his Benfica days and can see a deal being done this summer if we dont find anyone else? Mendes with big city connections and pep was said to really like him back at benfica. Maybe a loan with an option to buy? I kow he isnt a wide player but im sure pep could make it work and we need players

Difficult to give them the game time they need when chasing titles
Why would we? This is no place for playing puppies. This is a place for big, full grown dogs. One needs to be potential world class to play regularly in a squad like City at 19, 20, 21 years of age. Bobb, for example wouldn't get a sniff right now at Bayern, Barca, Real, Liverpool, Arsenal, PSG, etc. Neither would Palmer or McAtee. Where is this coming from? Nothing against the kids but we're the current European Champions with all the wherewithal to bring in any number of top players to backfill our aging departures. And unless we've decided to change our profile for some reason that is exactly what I'm expecting us to do.

Not only would mahrez offer 10 goals and 10 assists each season, elite ball retention and an incredible first touch he also never got injured. I honestly can’t think of 1 game he missed through injury. He will be so hard to replace, I genuinely think some posters took him for granted because he appeared lazy to them.

Of the academy prospects palmer is the obvious replacement but he can never stay fit. We need to sign a winger imo
None of those lads are anywhere near the level of Mahrez at this point...

The only players I would be excited to replace mahrez.

Sane
Neymar
Son
Coman

none of this will happen but there’s a lack of world class wingers around on the market right now.
You have a profile in mind. You identify who fits this profile. You make inquiries. You learn about potential teams willing to sell. You gauge the players interest. You make your plays. In other words you create your own market. It's even that much easier for a club of our stature and resources,,,

Why would we? This is no place for playing puppies. This is a place for big, full grown dogs. One needs to be potential world class to play regularly in a squad like City at 19, 20, 21 years of age. Bobb, for example wouldn't get a sniff right now at Bayern, Barca, Real, Liverpool, Arsenal, PSG, etc. Neither would Palmer or McAtee. Where is this coming from? Nothing against the kids but we're the current European Champions with all the wherewithal to bring in any number of top players to backfill our aging departures. And unless we've decided to change our profile for some reason that is exactly what I'm expecting us to do.
100% agree and why I don't understand the view that the likes of Palmer/Bobb can simply replace Mahrez.

I really like Felix from his Benfica days and can see a deal being done this summer if we dont find anyone else? Mendes with big city connections and pep was said to really like him back at benfica. Maybe a loan with an option to buy? I kow he isnt a wide player but im sure pep could make it work and we need players
A loan with an option to buy is a no brainer for me.

A huge talent that under Pep could turn into the player he was once touted to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.