Who should replace Riyad Mahrez?

Sam Lee said on his podcast “Olise is the one”. Not sure I trust him in this. If so, it’s underwhelming
A player with great technical ability, but it also sounds like his agent is playing games with Palace, if there was a remote chance we wanted him , would he not be pushing for the move, even more so with a 35m release clause.

The latest "news" was he was happy to stay at Palace but on better terms.

He scored and created lots, that has to be replaced, by who?
It can be picked up by the team. Same thing that happened when Aguero left. Others get an opportunity, others step up. They're all more than capable.

It can be picked up by the team. Same thing that happened when Aguero left. Others get an opportunity, others step up. They're all more than capable.
who though?

Kovacic, Grealish, Palmer have poor goal scoring records.

KDB is getting tired and injury prone, we do lack creativity and goals as we are for me.

A player with great technical ability, but it also sounds like his agent is playing games with Palace, if there was a remote chance we wanted him , would he not be pushing for the move, even more so with a 35m release clause.

The latest "news" was he was happy to stay at Palace but on better terms.
The release clause has expired apparently

He did? I thought Chelsea had a deal in place there… Olise is out injured for a while too?
What he meant by that is he thinks this is the one we will try first. He also said he thinks if Chelsea does want him at all costs, it’s unlikely this is a player we’d go crazy for. Just a lot of conjecture

who though?

Kovacic, Grealish, Palmer have poor goal scoring records.

KDB is getting tired and injury prone, we do lack creativity and goals as we are for me.

I think the way we play, the domination we have in most games, there will be opportunities for any of them. Goals will still come. Maybe everyone else will just get a couple more.

The best thing about Mahrez for me, well after his first touch, is that he had an ability to forget something that didnt work. If he cut inside and curled it wide, it wouldn't stop him trying it again the next time if the opportunity was there. As long as whoever comes in has the same mindset they'll kill it. For me Palmer and Bobb have huge ability - if they didn't, City wouldn't even be considering keeping them around. A run in the team (4 games or so) for one of them could see them step up. But I'd start with Foden out there and I'd expect him to get 20-25 this season provided he stays fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.