Who thinks Hughes will get us into top 4?

sput the wonder pig said:
nickson71 said:
not sure but I think we may never find out

hughes in

I'm one of the on the fence types

Happy to see Hughes continue but if a top class proven manager is available we would be silly to not sign him up

If we can attract our top targets then yes I believe Hughes can take us into the top 4. At times we've played some great football and we have to remember Hughes has only had the 'big' money for 1 day and January transfer window. He has an eye for talent; whether he has the tactical knowledge is still questionable?

Personally I'd like to pair Hughes with a foreign assistant manager, not that I don't like Bowen, I just think going forward the club needs someone with experience and contacts in foreign leagues, which without a doubt Hughes and Bowen don't have. I realise Hughes played abroad, but even from his playing days the game has changed. Not sure who I’d like though- any thoughts?

What about Eusabio or Maldini? They’d both make good assistant managers IMO?

given time, and players, yes.

what i don't understand, and i could post this is any of the myriad threads about MH, is why we can't as supporters, get behind the manager of our club. yes, he's spent a lot of money, but he's had ONE season. I would like to see him given at least another - I can understand if a lot of people were in the "jury's still out" camp, but lots seem to be one way or the other. There surely have been enough glimmers of hope this year to warrant another year. Our home form has been good, and I would hope that if our away form this season hasn't been some sort of anomaly (clutching at straws maybe), that Hughes now has the summer and the money to bring in the players to address the problem of why we look such a soft touch on our travels.

started rambling a bit there, but hope you get my point.

joe123 said:
given time, and players, yes.

what i don't understand, and i could post this is any of the myriad threads about MH, is why we can't as supporters, get behind the manager of our club. yes, he's spent a lot of money, but he's had ONE season. I would like to see him given at least another - I can understand if a lot of people were in the "jury's still out" camp, but lots seem to be one way or the other. There surely have been enough glimmers of hope this year to warrant another year. Our home form has been good, and I would hope that if our away form this season hasn't been some sort of anomaly (clutching at straws maybe), that Hughes now has the summer and the money to bring in the players to address the problem of why we look such a soft touch on our travels.

started rambling a bit there, but hope you get my point.

Agree. One season, loads of changes and loads of injuries on the back of a dreadfull end to last season. No wonder Clubs get nowhere chopping and changing every season and its nice to see our owners don't like that either.

We get enough shit in the press everyday, we dont need the fans making it worse with all the hughes out shit we are supposed to support the club manager and players through thick and thin and we'll see the rewards.

Hughes IN.

nickson71 said:
sput the wonder pig said:
nickson71 said:
not sure but I think we may never find out

hughes in

I'm one of the on the fence types

Happy to see Hughes continue but if a top class proven manager is available we would be silly to not sign him up
Me too. I think he can do it, but I don't think he'll get the chance.

Time will tell if he doesn't get the sack... I think we should keep him, this changing manager every year isn't working.

Everton have had David Moyes a good few years now and they usually finish top 6th, (and they havn't got the money we've got)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.